We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Upgrade Error Could not load file or assembly

Updated from version 4.402.0.51
to latest version 5.1.0.51 now project will not compile at all..What do I need to do..

Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Core, Version=4.402.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

17 Replies

RC Rajesh C Syncfusion Team May 16, 2007 11:24 PM UTC

Hi Son,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

You can just resolve this by using the following steps.

1. Run AssemblyManager and check "RemoveAllVersions" button to uninstall the Syncfusion assemblies.
2. Please check "Install Version 5.1.0.51" button to install the Syncfusion assemblies.
3. Remove all the Syncfusion assemblies from the reference node.
4. Add the following assemblies from the public assemblies folder(C :\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies)

Syncfusion.Core
Syncfusion.Shared.Base
Syncfusion.Shared.Windows
Syncfusion.Tools.Base
Syncfusion.Tools.Windows

5. Please check all the Syncfusion assemblies are pointing to v.5.1.0.51 and set CopyLocal property of all syncfusion dlls to false.

Please do the above steps and let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Rajesh C

SN Son Nguyen May 16, 2007 11:57 PM UTC

It didn't work..

the old designer code references the following

this.ribbonControlAdv1.OfficeMenu.Name

this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.Name

I'm not sure if I have to drop anoter control onto the form but your recommended solution did not work.

The new errors now pertain to
Error 10 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.IRibbonHeader' does not contain a definition for

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team May 17, 2007 01:58 AM UTC

Hi Son,

There has been a lot of refactoring to the RibbonControlAdv in v5.1. The new RibbonControlAdv is lot faster, more glassy and has lots of new features (adding menu items in the OfficeMenu from the designer etc). We are sorry for the errors that you are able to see when you migrate from previous versions to v5.1. Please make the following changes in the designer.cs files (wherever the ribbonControlAdv instance is found),

-> These are the lines where you will find the errors pointing

this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.Items.AddRange(new System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem[] {
this.toolStripTabItem1});
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(0, 1);
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.MainItems.Add(new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ToolStripItemAdvInfo(this.toolStripTabItem1));
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.MenuButtonImage = null;
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.Name = "";
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.ShowItemToolTips = false;
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(516, 49);
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.TabIndex = 0;

-> Replace it with the following lines of code,

ribbonControlAdv1.Header.AddMainItem(toolStripTabItem1);

-> and comment out all the other lines which is showing errors
-> Open the form which contains the RibbonControlAdv, after this everything should work fine. This would also replace the erroneous codes.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
Golda

SN Son Nguyen May 17, 2007 04:37 PM UTC

Our project is very big and contains a couple million lines of code, in order to make these changes it will cost me alot of time and money in developement to go back and make all these changes..Essentially you are asking me to go through all my designer code for every single form and change the code with no garuantee that its going to fix the problem..

Do you have some utility that would make this process a little easier and not so time and cost consuming..I'm sure you guys thought of this at some point in time with changing the architecture this much..

Please let me know of another solution.

SN Son Nguyen May 18, 2007 03:33 AM UTC

This same issues ties a few previous post that I never received answers for..Please let me know of a real solution

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team May 22, 2007 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Son,

We have created a Direc-Trac incident with the ID #34238 in this regard. Could you please follow up this incident to get details regarding this?

Best regards,
Golda

SO son May 24, 2007 07:40 PM UTC

With large projects this is a huge proble. First of all the designer code is almost never touhced in a project once components are dropped..At some point in time there must have been some conversations on how this was going to affect customers. We have been customers for years and the fact that we were told to go through every single line of code in the designer and change it is almost unrealistic being the amount of code that needs to be changed. And even if I spent a couple of days to a week to complete this task what other unknown factors are we going to run into. For example being that the ribbon control was pretty buggy from the design time, especially with docking and adding tab controls to the form (which occasionally would disappear when you would go from design to cs file). In order to make the product work with out too many problem the main menu screen has to be manually coded becuase often at design time things would get lost or when you looked at it in design time and then ran the application they would miraculously disappear. For all of us to have spent alot of time and money in developing around the form a solution should be looked into..

Please let me know of a REAL Solution not a workaround of find -> replace. This is not a solution..

SN Son Nguyen May 26, 2007 02:52 AM UTC

Any Updates

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team May 28, 2007 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Son,

This issue is internally escalated and our development team is following this issue. They will update you the possible solution for this issue through our Direct-trac System. Please follow the incident #34238 for the updates for this issue.

Best Regards,
Poly

SO son June 4, 2007 10:17 PM UTC

Any Updates...

SN Son Nguyen June 12, 2007 10:23 PM UTC

Any Updates

SN Son Nguyen June 15, 2007 06:13 PM UTC

Any updates yet..

SN Son Nguyen June 18, 2007 10:35 PM UTC

No updates yet..

PP Ponga Pundit August 9, 2007 10:03 AM UTC

Son,
Why don't you stick with the 4.x version with wihch you wrote the code?

GU guy August 9, 2007 11:19 AM UTC

Why dont we all stick with an older version, or maybe it is better to stick with other GUI suite at all.

Normaly, a new version is compatible with the older one, or as a migration tool...

MS Mandeep Singh April 5, 2010 10:56 AM UTC

Following Error is Coming At Web Hosting Site. Please Resolved This Issue .The Site is http://demo.belongsurvey.com/

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=6.302.0.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Error_3ae2de56.zip

LK Lakxman Kumar C Syncfusion Team April 6, 2010 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Mandeep,

We have posted the reply for your question in the forum available in the link below.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/93786

Kindly refer the above forum for future follow-ups.

Thank you for your participation in Syncfusion’s Community Forums.

Regards,
Lakxman Kumar C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon