We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Mac/Safari support

Does the ASP.NET Essential Tools library work with Safari on Macintosh? I am testing an application that works fine on IE and FireFox for Windows, but Safari won't drop down menu controls.

11 Replies

MA Maheswari Syncfusion Team May 17, 2007 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

We afraid that our latest version does not provide support for Safari on Macintosh. But we do have plans for supporting it in the near future.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Maheswari.

DD Dharmesh Desai September 30, 2008 07:46 PM UTC

Does the new version support Safari?

>

Hi Dave,

We afraid that our latest version does not provide support for Safari on Macintosh. But we do have plans for supporting it in the near future.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Maheswari.

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team October 1, 2008 06:16 AM UTC

Hi Dharmesh,

Yes, our new version support Safari 3.0 +.
Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Thanks,
Rekha

TT Trinh Thang Long October 9, 2020 02:13 AM UTC

I am using the latest version of ASP.NET Essential Tools (18.3.0.35) but the NavigationDrawer does not display on iOS, both Safari and Chrome. Does is still a bug upon now?

MK Muthukrishnan Kandasamy Syncfusion Team October 9, 2020 07:56 AM UTC

Hi Trinh, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have already provided support for Syncfusion controls in Mac/IOS machine. We suspect that, you have may be missed to add the required scripts and styles files for rendering the Syncfusion controls. Please follow the below steps to render the Syncfusion ASP.NET controls in your project. 

1. Install the Syncfusion NuGet (Syncfusion.AspNet) package to your project.
    2. After successful installation of NuGet it will add the styles and script files inside the Content and Scripts folder of your project.
    3. Include the reference to “ej.web.all.min.css” file in the Site.Master page, within the head section.

<link rel='nofollow' href="Content/ej/web/default-theme/ej.web.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 

1. Adding the required JavaScript files into your application plays an important role, without which the Syncfusion controls cannot be created. It requires the following mandatory common script files.
      • jQuery (version supported from 1.7.1.min.js to latest jQuery version).
      • jsrender.min.js

Apart from the above common scripts, it is also necessary to refer to the ej.web.all.min.js file in your application that plays a major role in control creation. It also requires reference to the ej.webform.min.js file in your application, as it is responsible for the server-side event functionalities of the ASP.NET controls. 
    1. The Script Manager is mandatory in order to place our control initialization script in the page. Ensure whether the ScriptManager is added in Site.Mater or else add the ScriptManager to your web page.

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">  
     </asp:ScriptManager> 

We have prepared sample for your convenience, kindly refer to the following link for the sample. 

Please refer to the below KB documentation for integrating the Syncfusion controls. 

Please refer to the below documentation link to know more about integrating Syncfusion controls. 

Please let us know, if you need any assistance. 

Regards, 
Muthukrishnan K 

TT Trinh Thang Long October 11, 2020 03:02 PM UTC

Dear Muthukrishnan Kandasamy,

Thank you for your very detailed supports,
I've looked at your suggestions and instructions carefully, then revised my source code but I did not found the problem, everything seem at right place,
But now I think my problem is at the ASP.net AJAX Timer control cannot run on Safari browser (Windows and Android still work good). I will make a few tests and get back to you later if I find something new,

Thank you very much again,
Trinh Thang Long,

MK Muthukrishnan Kandasamy Syncfusion Team October 12, 2020 05:20 AM UTC

Hi Trinh, 

Thanks for the update. 

We will wait to hear from you. 

Regards, 
Muthukrishnan K 

TT Trinh Thang Long October 16, 2020 03:53 AM UTC

I found the problem, it's because of the Javascript __doPostBack() function does not fired in iOS browsers
I've used HiddenField to get value from NavigationDrawer item, then do a postback to update value in UpdatePanel, but seem that the code stucked at __doPostBack() on iOS browsers, for Windows browsers everything is fine. Below is my Javascript code:

function headChange(e) {
            $("#butdrawer").parent().children("h5").text(e.text);
            document.getElementById('sensor_data').style.visibility = "visible";
            var hdfid = document.getElementById("<%=HiddenField1.ClientID%>");
            hdfid.value = e.text;
            if (hdfid) {
                __doPostBack('<%=HiddenField1.ClientID%>', '');
            }
};

I've tried apply some solutions on the internet with no luck:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5770607/dopostback-not-working-for-me
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12804493/safari-on-ipad-occasionally-doesnt-recognize-asp-net-postback-links

Has anyone encountered the same problem and found the solution for this?

Thank you very much!

MK Muthukrishnan Kandasamy Syncfusion Team October 16, 2020 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Trinh, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We were unable to replicate your reported issue in mobile devices and windows machine. We need to ensure your reported issue with Mac System or Mac VM (Virtual Machine). There is a delay in this issue in MAC/IOS device due to the pandemic situation. We will check this issue once the device is available. We are trying to replicate the issue with available machine and update you the solution as earlier as possible. 

Please go through the below forums the similar problem discussed. 

We appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Muthukrishnan K 

TT Trinh Thang Long October 19, 2020 03:55 AM UTC

I found the error by do  Inspect Element in Sarari, the error is shown as follow:

"Function.caller used to retrieve strict caller" cause by __doPostBack function in MicrosoftAjaxWebforms.js

Then I found the solution for this by https://stackoverflow.com/a/25686598/7819116
Now my website works well in iOS browsers

Thank you all for the supports!

MK Muthukrishnan Kandasamy Syncfusion Team October 19, 2020 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Trinh, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that, your reported problem resolved in your end. Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Muthukrishnan K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon