We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion 5.1.0.51 Essential Studio MUCH slower than 4.4.0.6

Hi,
I'm currently using SyncFusion 4.4.0.6 Essential Studio to develop my applications. It has some bugs here and there mainly regarding the docking manager and the Edit control so I decided to try the new version 5.1. I tried the 5.1 beta for some time and I noticed that almost all the bugs were solved. Then I waited for the final version which was released just a few days ago. Problems solved, then? Not at all! It's strange that a final version performs worse than a beta but that's what occurred to me. Even from the installation process everything seemed incredibly slower: beta version took less than 5 minutes. Final version took 20 or more... I didn't calculate the exact time but the install process seemed idle for several minutes. Then, after installation, I tried launching and debugging my application and again I encountered speed problems: my application took a lot of time to launch, expecially while debugging. Let's that it was 15 seconds before and at least a minute after. Unacceptable.
As you may guess, I reverted to the old SyncFusion 4.4.0.6. I could probably use the 5.1
beta but I don't think I can afford that solution
if I plan to put my application on the market.
Anybody encountered similar problems?

3 Replies

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team May 16, 2007 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Stefano,

I have installed the full setup in a XP Machine and it takes about 10 minutes to complete the installation. I was not able to see the issue. Could you please provide us your machine details? This would help us to identify the cause of the issue.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Ramu

SR Stefano Rancati May 16, 2007 03:36 PM UTC

Hi Ramu,
the point is not exactly if the install takes 10 or 20 minutes on some hardware. Mine (P4 2600 1 Gb RAM 80 Gb HD) took 20 but the installation of the beta took 5. I suggest you try to install the beta version and hopefully you will see that it will take just 2 minutes. Anyway I also suggest to verify if you really don't notice sensible speed differences while launching and debugging projects when using the 5.1 beta and the 5.1 final. Of course the project has to be somewhat big or you won't probably notice any difference... Any SyncFusion demo that starts in a matter of seconds is simply too small be provide significant data. Anyway thanks for your interest.

AS Andrew Skalkin May 21, 2007 12:26 AM UTC

Stefano,

You've raised a good question and I agree with you, Syncfusion doesn't seem to be very concerned with the performance. For instance, the Popup menu initialization takes almost a second on developers' computers! It's been reported 1.5 years ago... they said they are "working on it".

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=705

Same happened with another performance-related issue reported by me - slow adding of nodes to TreeViewAdv.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=106

Hopefully, they'll do something to it... Our application is very performance-oriented and I regularly spend hours squeezing another 0.2 seconds off the startup time.

Cheers,
-Andrew

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon