We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with ChartType Line in Version 5.1.0.51

I just switched to Version 5.1.0.51 from Version 4.4.0.51. I got an "Out Of Memery" problem with ChartType Line. The same code worked in the previous version. If I use other ChartTypes, I have no problem. Please see the attached file for the error message. Anyone have this problem? Please help me. Thanks.

ProblemWithChartTypeLineInVersion5.1.0.51.zip

3 Replies

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team May 14, 2007 04:13 AM UTC

Hi Bailin,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I tried to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here using the below code snippet but I was not able to reproduce it.

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
ChartSeries series = this.chartControl1.Model.NewSeries("MySeries", ChartSeriesType.Line);
series.Points.Add(1, 9);
series.Points.Add(3, 6);
series.Points.Add(5, 12);
series.Points.Add(7, 2);
series.Points.Add(9, 7);
this.chartControl1.Series.Add(series);
}

Could you please provide me with a sample which reproduces the condition that you have mentioned here, so that it would help me in analyzing this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

BZ Bailin Zhou May 14, 2007 01:18 PM UTC

Ramya,

Thank you very much for your quick response. It took me a while to find what causes the problem. To reproduce this problem, you need to add two points whiach are identical, for example:
series.Points.Add(1, 9); series.Points.Add(3, 6); series.Points.Add(5, 12); series.Points.Add(5, 12); series.Points.Add(7, 2); series.Points.Add(9, 7);

You may wonder why I need two points with the same X and Y values, but my application sometime requires this kind of data. It worked in the previous version (4.4.0.51). It seems this version (5.1.0.51) eliminates any array space if a point is identical to another. It only happens when 2-D Line ChartSeriesType is used. If 3-D Line is used, the problem is gone. Hope the information will be helpful.

>Hi Bailin,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I tried to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here using the below code snippet but I was not able to reproduce it.

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
ChartSeries series = this.chartControl1.Model.NewSeries("MySeries", ChartSeriesType.Line);
series.Points.Add(1, 9);
series.Points.Add(3, 6);
series.Points.Add(5, 12);
series.Points.Add(7, 2);
series.Points.Add(9, 7);
this.chartControl1.Series.Add(series);
}

Could you please provide me with a sample which reproduces the condition that you have mentioned here, so that it would help me in analyzing this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team May 15, 2007 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Bailin,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I was able to reproduce the issue using the condition that you have mentioned here.

Could you please open a DirectTrac incident with regard to this with the Forum ID and Title of the Forum in the subject of the incident, so that we could log a bug report with regard to this issue and follow up you in the incident with the details regarding this defect.

Regards,
Rashidha.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon