We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Catching events in the extra section

How can I catch events from an extra section?

i have a few editable text box and combo box fields in my extra section which affect all other rows in the grid, and i want to catch when the user types/selects things in this extra section.

i have tried to use TableControlCellValidating event, but when i call currentcell.endEdit(), to stop editing mode, i go into an infinite loop becuase CellValidating is called again.

RecordValueChanging does not invoke the event when editing the extra section cells.

Thanks

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 11, 2007 09:06 PM UTC

Hi Mitul,

Try handling the TableControlCurrentCellChanged event to the current cell changes in grid. Please try the suggestion and let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Haneef

MI Mitul May 13, 2007 05:11 PM UTC

Hi, this solution doesn't work. The event is not being fired for the extra section editing. Please help.

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team May 29, 2007 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Mitul,

You could try handling TableControlCurrentCellChanged event and check for the ExtraSection to catch the changes.

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlEventArgs e)
{
Syncfusion.Grouping.Element element = e.TableControl.Table.DisplayElements[e.TableControl.CurrentCell.RowIndex];
if(element is ExtraSection)
{
Console.WriteLine("Editing");
}
}

Here is a small sample:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F60777/main.htm

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile