We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Lost Exception from a Tree Control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

6076 Jul 30,2003 07:56 AM Aug 6,2003 06:43 AM Windows Forms 5
Tags: Tools
Jim Jenkins
Asked On July 30, 2003 07:56 AM

I have an application that throws a Database exception within a DB helper class. This exception is thrown during an update from a SyncFusion Tree/TreeNodeAdv object. This exception is expected and is used to receive information about the update success / failure within the store procedure of the database. The database exception when using the MS tree control can be “seen / received”, when the same code is executed within the SyncFusion code the exception is lost. During the exit of the application I get the following exit message; 'CoRE650.Windows.Application.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.tools\1.6.1.4__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.tools.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CoRE650.Windows.Application.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.shared\1.6.1.4__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.shared.dll', No symbols loaded. StaticData.CreateStyleInfoProperty(ShowOptionButton re-registered., True, True, c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.tools\1.6.1.4__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.tools.dll, c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.tools\1.6.1.4__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.tools.dll) You can see I'm using 1.6.1.4. How do I get/see the thrown exception? Jim

Ramesh Praveen [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 30, 2003 12:57 PM

Jim, I see that the TreeViewAdv's AfterSelect event is fired within a try/catch thereby "eating" any exceptions thrown from your AfterSelect event handler. Please confirm if that will fix your problem. Regards, Praveen

Jim Jenkins
Replied On July 30, 2003 05:00 PM

> Jim, > > I see that the TreeViewAdv's AfterSelect event is fired within a try/catch thereby "eating" any exceptions thrown from your AfterSelect event handler. Please confirm if that will fix your problem. > > Regards, > Praveen Hello Praveen: Yes. And I like your comment about the class library is "eating" the exception. Thanks, Jim

Replied On August 1, 2003 07:44 AM

Jim Jenkins
Replied On August 5, 2003 01:47 PM

Is there a patch?

Replied On August 6, 2003 06:43 AM

No, not yet. Probably another week to 10 days. -Praveen

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;