We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Lost Exception from a Tree Control

I have an application that throws a Database exception within a DB helper class. This exception is thrown during an update from a SyncFusion Tree/TreeNodeAdv object. This exception is expected and is used to receive information about the update success / failure within the store procedure of the database. The database exception when using the MS tree control can be “seen / received”, when the same code is executed within the SyncFusion code the exception is lost. During the exit of the application I get the following exit message; 'CoRE650.Windows.Application.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.tools\1.6.1.4__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.tools.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CoRE650.Windows.Application.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.shared\1.6.1.4__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.shared.dll', No symbols loaded. StaticData.CreateStyleInfoProperty(ShowOptionButton re-registered., True, True, c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.tools\1.6.1.4__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.tools.dll, c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.tools\1.6.1.4__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.tools.dll) You can see I'm using 1.6.1.4. How do I get/see the thrown exception? Jim

5 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 30, 2003 04:57 PM UTC

Jim, I see that the TreeViewAdv's AfterSelect event is fired within a try/catch thereby "eating" any exceptions thrown from your AfterSelect event handler. Please confirm if that will fix your problem. Regards, Praveen

JJ Jim Jenkins July 30, 2003 09:00 PM UTC

> Jim, > > I see that the TreeViewAdv's AfterSelect event is fired within a try/catch thereby "eating" any exceptions thrown from your AfterSelect event handler. Please confirm if that will fix your problem. > > Regards, > Praveen Hello Praveen: Yes. And I like your comment about the class library is "eating" the exception. Thanks, Jim

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team August 1, 2003 11:44 AM UTC

JJ Jim Jenkins August 5, 2003 05:47 PM UTC

Is there a patch?

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team August 6, 2003 10:43 AM UTC

No, not yet. Probably another week to 10 days. -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon