We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is it possible to set ImeMode for a column?

We have a grid where some columns can have multi-byte text entered and others where we need to disable the ImeMode.

Is there a was to disable the ImeMode for an entire column?

I have tried using the CurrentCellStartEditing event, with the following code in the handler:

GridTextBoxCellRenderer cr = TheGrid.CurrentCell.Renderer as GridTextBoxCellRenderer;
if (cr != null && cr.TextBox != null)
{
if (TheGrid.CurrentCell.ColIndex == 1)
cr.TextBox.ImeMode = ImeMode.Disable;
else
cr.TextBox.ImeMode = ImeMode.NoControl;
}

However that only gets the case where the user dbl clicks the cell. If they just activate the cell and start typing, I can't get the the textbox to set the ImeMode prior to the user entering characters.

So can the ImeMode be set for a column without having to trap events, if not how does one disable ImeMode prior to any characters being typed?

1 Reply

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 10, 2007 11:16 PM UTC

Hi Ctim,

Try setting the ImeMode property of the GridTextBoxControl in a CurrentCellControlGotFocus event and let me know if this helps.

private void gridControl1_CurrentCellControlGotFocus(object sender, ControlEventArgs e)
{
if( e.Control is GridTextBoxControl )
{
GridControl grid = sender as GridControl;
GridCurrentCell cc = grid.CurrentCell;

GridTextBoxControl CellTextBox = e.Control as GridTextBoxControl;
if( cc.ColIndex == 1)
CellTextBox.ImeMode = ImeMode.Disable;
else
CellTextBox.ImeMode = ImeMode.NoControl;
}
}