We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RibbonForm

I'm using version 5.102.0.51.
I have created a windows form and I'm inheriting from RibbonForm.
I have set my maximize box and my minimize box both to false (meaning don't show them in the form title bar)
I then add a ribbon control and hide all aspects of it so that the close button will actually show. When I run the project and my form loads the maximize and minimize buttons are still visible but are disabled. They should not be visible at ALL! Is this even possible? This is not the behaviour that should be expected. THis can easily be reproduced an any of your samples (i.e setting the max and min buttons on your vs 2005 or word 2007 samples) Do you have a workaround for this?

3 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team May 10, 2007 12:26 AM UTC

Hi Shaun,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. We could see the issue as you mentioned in v5.1. Could you please create a DirectTrac incident with subject line "Unable to hide Maximize and Minimize button of the RibbonForm - F60638". We will send you the bug fix details through our DirectTrac system.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

SN Son Nguyen May 26, 2007 03:00 AM UTC

I've had many similiar problems with things disappearing on the forms, from tabs to buttons..The only that I found to bypass some of the bugs is to manually code in the constructor..Its not the best approach by any means but it depends on how much time you have spent on developing..Try it out and let me know..im almost 90 % there to converting the form layout back to standard windows..let me know how it went

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team May 28, 2007 02:15 PM UTC

Hi Son,

We are sorry for the convenience caused in using with Ribbon Control Adv. V5.1 is the major release after we introduced RibbonControl Adv in 4.4 version. So there has been lots of refactoring to the RibbonControlAdv in the v5.1.The major change we made is RibbonControl adv Header collections. RibbonControlAdv.Header.Items collection has been changed as RibbonControlAdv.Header.AddMainItem and RibbonControlAdv.Header.AddQuickItem

There is a known issue [Tab Items disappear] with RibboncontolAdv, when using with docking manager in 4.4 version. We have fixed this issue in 5.1 version. Could you please let us know whether you are experiencing this issue in 5.1 version.

Best regards,
Poly

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon