We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel template / ITemplateMarkersProcessor

Hi everyone,

I am looking for additional information about ITemplateMarkersProcessor / template markers features.

I would like to obtain a kind of xls "mailmerge" (as it exists for Word / DOCIO).

Is there a list of all tags available for markers ? (I already found insert:copystyles, horizontal, copyrange in the Template Markers example (evaluation center))

Thanks in advance.
Cyril

5 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 9, 2007 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Cyril, The basic idea is that the template will have markers like %Customers.ContactName inside cells and when we provide the data source (customers DataTable) , the contents of ContactName column will get inserted into the template document. For example, the end user of an application can format a template like he wants and then put the markers inside as specified and then have the data from the DataTable exported with the desired look. There could be several arguments after variable they are delimited by some character (by default it is ; character) Possible arguments: -------------------- 1) horizontal or vertical - specifies direction of the data import for complex variables (arrays, collections, data tables, etc.), vertical is default value. 2) insert - specifies that new row or column (depends on direction argument) for each new cell. 3) insert:copystyles - the same but also copies style from the above row or left column 4) jump: - specifies position of the next cell. This argument also can be appended by ":copystyles" then style of the single cell will be copied. 5) copyrange:: - copies specified cells after each cell import. Aslo can be appended by ":copystyles". There can be more than one copyrange argument for single template marker. Kindly let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Melba

CH Cyril Hochet May 14, 2007 08:07 AM UTC

Thanks for the answer.

Is there a way to copy also formula and / or conditionnal formatting ?

(copystyle does not seem to copy conditionnal formatting)

Cyril

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 16, 2007 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Cyril,

Issue 1: (copy also formula)
------

It is possible to copy formula using template markers. Here is the sample for your reference:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/F60415/main.htm

Issue 2: (copy conditional formatting)
------

Currently it is only possible to copy styles using copystyle. But it is not possible to copy conditional formatting. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

CH Cyril Hochet May 16, 2007 12:22 PM UTC

Ok,
thanks for the answer.

Cyril

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 17, 2007 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Cho,

Thanks for the update.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon