We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

bracket matching

Syncfusion 4.2.0.37

What is the trick to get the EditControl to match angle brackets like your XML samples do. We have a language that is XML-like and I can't get the matching angle brackets to match (i.e. highlighted with the "blue" box). As another test I tried added the config description for braces and double quotes from the C# sample config to mine and can't get those to match either. Is there some other switch that has to be turned on to get the matching effect?

I'm attaching the config I'm using for my language and a small sample of what the language looks like.

configfiles.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 8, 2007 02:42 AM UTC

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the attachments. It is possible to match angle brackets by setting the IndentationGuideline attribute to true in the configuration file. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets
your requirements.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Edit/60510/main.htm

CT Craig Timmerman May 8, 2007 12:25 PM UTC

This is closer, it gets the outer pair, but for several of the nested pairs it fails to match the brackets and only matches the most outer pair. It gets some of them, but not many of the nested pairs.

Is there a way to get all sets of angle brackets to match, no matter how nested?

SL Shirley Louis Syncfusion Team May 24, 2007 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Craig,

I apologize for the delayed response. The bracket matching does seem to fail for several nested pairs. However, as you might have noticed using the open and close braces for a tag, in the same line, avoids this problem. I have placed the sample tpl code, along with an image, for this in the following location:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Edit/60510-1/main.htm

Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident with the subject line "Bracket Matching - F60575" so that we could update you regarding the fix of this issue?

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Shirley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon