We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl and Filter bar

Hi,

I have the following question about GridGroupingControl in the 5.1 Beta version:
I am currently using the 5.1.0.37 version:

- Can I have CheckBoxes in the filterbar dropdown menu so that the user can filter on multiple values for the same column? I really need this feature for my current applictaion.

- How do I change the font size of the Filter bar dropdown menu items. I tried to change as follows:

Nothing happens??

- In the new version, when I have one colon (:) in the filter dropdown menu data, the filter works now in the new version. But if I have two colons (example - x:y:z), the filter doesn't work.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks!!

6 Replies

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team May 5, 2007 02:53 AM UTC

Hi Rekha,

GridGroupingControl doesn't have properties to apply the color and font setting to the Filterbar.Alternately You can apply the styles for Filterbar from the Client side using the below script. Please take a look at the below code and let us know if it helps.

$script type="text/javascript">
function ComboFontStyle()
{
//Gets the element inside the Select tag
var getElement= document.getElementsByTagName("select");
//iterate through the collection of Select tag to apply styles
for(var i=0;i {
if(getElement[i].id.indexOf("GridGroupingControl1~FB~0~_TOPGROUP")!=-1)
{
//Apply styles for corresponding combo
getElement[i].style.fontSize = '100%';
getElement[i].style.fontWeight='bold';
getElement[i].style.color='Purple';
}
}
}
$/script>

Please call the above ComboFontStyle() funtion below the form tag in aspx file as well as in "AfterCallbackResponseProcessedScript" of the GridGroupingControl such as

$/form>
$script>
ComboFontStyle()
$/script>

We will get back to you regarding your remaining queries on or before monday.

Thanks for being patience.

Thanks for usins Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team May 7, 2007 11:45 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

We noticed that Record Filter is not working as long as when the data contains more than one ":" characters(Ex:DateTime Field). But It is working fine when Record filter is hard coded like shown below.

this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Add("[Time] like '1:23:12'");

We confirm this as a bug. Could you please open a new Direct-Trac incident with "Forum Id - Forum Subject" as Subject line to proceed towards the bug fix.

Currently we dont support to filter multiple values for a same column. Could you please let us know the importance of this feature so that It will helpfull for us to prioritize this features request and we will do our best to fulfill your requirements.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

RM Rekha Mallavarapu May 8, 2007 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Gokulkumar,

Thanks for your reply.

I am opening a direct trac for the filter bar colon issue. I need this resolved ASAP since the product delivery to the customer is time critical.

Also, the feature "filter bar with check boxes" is also very important for the application I am working on. This feature is needed for my product very soon by end of May. Is it possible?

Rekha

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team May 9, 2007 01:43 AM UTC

Hi Rekha,

Thanks for your update

We have logged a new feature request Regarding "Filter with CheckBox" feature. And also we have requested our developer to provide more information regarding the timeframe to implement this feature. Hope we can provide you with more information regarding this feature within 2 days.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

RM Rekha Mallavarapu June 3, 2007 04:33 AM UTC

Hi Gokulkumar,

Any Updates? You mentioned two days and I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks,

Rekha

VA Valli Syncfusion Team June 5, 2007 05:04 AM UTC

Hi Rekha,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

The feature 'Filter With CheckBox' will be included in our next release of Essential Studio.

Regards,
Valli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon