We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

GGC, CellTipText and QueryCellStyleInfo

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

60306 May 2,2007 09:25 AM May 3,2007 04:54 AM Windows Forms 6
Tags: GridControl
John H
Asked On May 2, 2007 09:25 AM

Hi,
Im currently using the PrepareViewStyleInfo event to set the CellTipText for a given column, but this gets run everytime ot paints the cell.

I only want to set the CellTipText when the mouse is hovering ober the cell. From your forum I found the QueryCellStyleInfo event which sounds like what I want, but I cant find it on a GGC.

Any ideas?

Thanks
John

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 2, 2007 10:44 AM

Hi John,

Please try the sample and let me know if this helps.
GGCQueryCellStyleInfo.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

John H
Replied On May 2, 2007 11:07 AM

Hi Haneef,
My bad, I actually wanted to see how to do this on the GridControl. I don't see a QueryCellStyleInfo event.

Thanks
John

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 2, 2007 11:32 AM

Hi John,

For GridControl, The QueryCellStyleInfo event is named as QueryCellInfo event. Please try the code snippet and let me know if this helps.

this.gridControl1.QueryCellInfo +=new GridQueryCellInfoEventHandler(gridControl1_QueryCellInfo);
private void gridControl1_QueryCellInfo(object sender, GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs e)
{
if( e.ColIndex == 2)
{
e.Style.CellTipText = "Welcome";
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

John H
Replied On May 2, 2007 12:00 PM

Hi Haneef,
The event doesn't fire for me, to I have to enable a property or change something else?

Thanks
John

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 2, 2007 01:29 PM

Hi John,

Here is a sample that implement the QueryCellInfo for displaying the tooltip ina cell.
GridCellTipText.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

John H
Replied On May 3, 2007 04:54 AM

Hi Haneef,
Thanks for the example, but if you notice that even gets fired when painting the cell as well as when the mouse moved over it, so if you have 10 rows visible it will trigger the event at least 12 times.
I have code that takes a small amount of time to return, having that code run 10 or more times when its not needed is a waste and could show a slight delay in my app.

Any ideas?
Thanks
John

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;