We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

trouble saving modified cell value

I have two DataBoundGrid and have code to cause one grid value to change after a corresponding cell value has changed in the other grid. If I change the cell value of the first grid the second grid would update and then if I change the second grid the first grid cell would update. However I cannot change the first grid twice in a row and. If I change the cell value in the first grid after having successfully done so one time, the second time I will get a msgbox "Can not set value". This msg is coming from the OnSaveChanges method of the cell render. There must be a property that changed after the first update which disallows me to change the cell value again, but I don't know what property that would be. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 29, 2003 03:54 PM UTC

Are the two grids bound to separate datasources? What kind of code are you using to set values in the opposite grid? Are you calling things like grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit() and grid.Binder.EndEdit() to make sure the change on the source grid is flush to its datasource and the currentcell is in a 'good' state? The GridDataBoundGrid just reflects the data in its DataSource. So, one way to do something like this is to just change the datasource directly if you have access to it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon