We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Open in Browser

I can see the same problem both in the demos on line and in my own local demos, with Syncfusion installed.

If I want the Word document to open in the browser, then on some computers it works and on others it does not. Where it does not, it offers to save the doc to my local workstation.

I cannot see the difference between the trial workstations. The problem of not opening the document in the browser has happened with IE6 and IE7. I have reset the browser to its default settings, switched pop-up blocker on and off, but to no avail.

I made a clean Windows XP installation with Sp1 and the problem was there. Upgraded to Sp2 and still there.

On a workstation with Office 2003, it works as expected (but that is defeating the oblect). On one of the workstations where it does not work, I loaded the Word Viewer, but that did not help.

Experimenting with the PDF equivalent, I got a message that there was an issue with the Adobe Reader (latest version) and I could correct it in "Manage Add-ons" in IE7. Sure enough it was listed in the Add-ons, where I enabled it. That made the PDF work as intended.

What is the secret for the DocIO side to get that to work consistently?

Thanks,
Steve.

4 Replies

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team May 3, 2007 02:20 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I was able to reproduce the issue. There is a plug-in issue in IE. I will update you with more details by tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari.

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team May 4, 2007 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

To open a word document/PDF document inside the browser, we will need the adobe plug-in or word plug-in that will be installed while installing Ms-word/ Adobe reader. If these are not installed, we can not view it in browser. Word viewer does not have plug-in that supports the browsers. We can't view the word document with the viewers inside the browser. Word viewers are just an alternate to view the word documents where Ms-word is not installed. It is not an issue with DocIO. We can test this by opening a Ms-word document [not the document generated by DocIO] through browser [File->open]. You can find it opening outside the browser. Also, if you open the PDF file from browser [file->open] you can find it opening inside the browser as adobe has the plug-in supported by browser.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari.

SW Stephen Worley May 7, 2007 07:29 AM UTC

Thank you for the clarification.

Steve.

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team May 7, 2007 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your update.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon