We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Rebind Grid with Dataset that has Nested Relations

Hi,

I am doing rebind Grid Grouping Control(v2.0.50727) with data set that has GrandChild Relations. When I am chaging the Grid view from dataset that has Nested Relations to another view I am getting the following error.

Please help me with this issue.

Exception:
Source Assembly: Syncfusion.Grouping.Base
Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Target Site:
Void .ctor(Syncfusion.Grouping.Element)
Stack Trace:
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.ElementTreeTable..ctor(Element owner)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.SectionsTreeTable..ctor(Group owner)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Group..ctor(Element parent)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.ChildTable..ctor(Element parent)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridChildTable..ctor(Element parent)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridEngine.CreateChildTable(Element parent)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.TableDescriptor.CreateChildTable(Element parent, Boolean hasRecords, Table table, SortColumnDescriptorCollection fields)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.InitTopLevelGroup()
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.CategorizeElements()
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.OnEnsureInitialized(Object sender)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Element.EnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.EnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Element.EnsureInitialized(Object sender)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.get_TopLevelGroup()
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.get_FilteredChildTableOrTopLevelGroup()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControl.get_CurrentCell()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.DeactivateCurrentCell(Boolean allowCancel)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.Table_DisplayElementChanging(Object sender, DisplayElementChangingEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableModel.OnDisplayElementChanging(DisplayElementChangingEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableModel.Syncfusion.Grouping.ITableEventsTarget.OnDisplayElementChanging(DisplayElementChangingEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.TableDescriptor.Syncfusion.Grouping.ITableEventsTarget.OnDisplayElementChanging(DisplayElementChangingEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.OnDisplayElementChanging(DisplayElementChangingEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.RaiseDisplayElementChanging(Element element, Int32 oldCount, Int32 newCount, Boolean repaintElement, Boolean syncCurrentRecordPos, Boolean leaveCurrentRecord, Boolean scroll)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.Engine_PropertyChanging(Object sender, DescriptorPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTable.Engine_PropertyChanging(Object sender, DescriptorPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.DescriptorPropertyChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DescriptorPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Engine.OnPropertyChanging(DescriptorPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridEngine.TableDescriptor_PropertyChanging(Object sender, DescriptorPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.DescriptorPropertyChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DescriptorPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.TableDescriptor.OnPropertyChanging(DescriptorPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableDescriptor.ResetTableDescriptor()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl.ResetTableDescriptor()
at FORECAST_MGR.ComponentForms.ForecastExceptions.BindData(ForecastExceptionsDataSet ds, VIEWEXCPS excpView)

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 30, 2007 11:59 PM UTC

Hi Uma,

Here is a forum thread that discuss with the simillar issue and let me know if this helps.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=56040

Best regards,
Haneef

UD Uma Datla May 2, 2007 04:04 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I have followed the Example GridGroupingRebind. In my Grid I have 3 views. Each view has a different datasource. One of the Grid view has Parent to Child and Child to Grand Child Relation dataset. When I switch the Grid from this view to another I am getting the above exception. The Exception is coming from GridGroupingControl.ResetTableDescriptor().

Please see below for my GridRebind() code.

private void BindData(ForecastExceptionsDataSet ds, VIEWEXCPS excpView)
{
try
{
//ggFcstExcps is the GridGrouping Control
this.ggFcstExcps.DataBindings.Clear();

switch (excpView)
{
case VIEWEXCPS.EXCP_TYPE:
this.ggFcstExcps.DataSource = ds.BUYER_EXCPS_COUNT_BY_EXCPTYPE;
break;
case VIEWEXCPS.VENDOR:
//change this later to Vendor Table
this.ggFcstExcps.DataSource = ds.BUYER_ROG_LIST;
break;
case VIEWEXCPS.WAREHOUSE:
this.ggFcstExcps.DataSource = ds.WH_EXCEPTIONS;
break;

default:
this.ggFcstExcps.DataSource = ds.BUYER_EXCPS_BY_EXCPTYPE;
break;

}

if (this.ggFcstExcps.TableDescriptor != null)
{

this.ggFcstExcps.ResetTableDescriptor();
this.ggFcstExcps.TableDescriptor.Relations.Reset();
}

// Show group area
this.ggFcstExcps.ShowGroupDropArea = false;

// Additionial table descriptors currently habe to be added manually.
AddGroupDropAreas(this.ggFcstExcps.Table);

// Make changes to schema. See above notes how to reset changes.
SetReadOnly(this.ggFcstExcps.Table);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
ErrorHandler.HandleError(new ErrorDetails(Error.C17201, ex));
}

}
Please help me with this issue.

Thanks
Uma

UD Uma Datla May 4, 2007 05:11 PM UTC

I have solved this issue by calling this line of code before setting the data source to the Grid.

this.gridGroupingControl1.Tabledescriptor.Relations.clear();

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon