We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

WordDocument taking indefinite time to Save

I used a WordDocument object to mail merge about 5000 records. The MailMerge.Execute function completes in a manageable amount of time (about 1 min), but then when I save the document to a new file, it doesn't finish, and brings my computer memory to its knees. Here is the code I am using:

CurrentDocument.MailMerge.Execute(_table);
string destPath = Path.GetTempFileName().Replace(".tmp",".doc");
CurrentDocument.Save(destPath); // Hangs here
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(destPath);
this.Close();

6 Replies

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team April 28, 2007 11:18 PM UTC

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid I am unable to reproduce the issue. I created a dataset with 5000 records and used Path.GetTempFileName() to save the file. I was able to generate the word document. Here is the generated word document for your reference.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/tmp6B2_d1c8d519.zip

Here is the sample program for your reference.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/PDF.Windows/F_60145/main.htm

If you still face the same problem can you please provide us the sample code using which the error was reproduced also with the word template.

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,
Sarath

JH Josh H April 30, 2007 06:58 PM UTC

Attached is a sample project demonstrating the problem. An interesting note is the memory pressure. After creating the WordDocument, and filling the DataTable, memory usage of the application is ~22MB. After merging, it shoots up to ~445MB. While attempting to save, it goes up further, slowing my computer.

WordTest.zip

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 1, 2007 03:33 PM UTC

Hi Josh,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Can you please let us the know the Essential Studio version you are working with. Because we had some memory related issues in our previous versions which has been fixed in our latest version. Can you please update to the latest version of Essential Studio if possible. Else Can you please let me know what is the Essential Studio Version you are using. So that I can know the update the status of the issue in detail.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Sarath

JH Josh H May 1, 2007 07:41 PM UTC

Using version 4.4.0.51

JH Josh H May 2, 2007 11:15 PM UTC

Am I using the latest version? Do you have any other suggestions? Have you looked at the sample?

Thanks

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team May 3, 2007 05:52 AM UTC

Hi Josh,

Thank You for your all updates and your sample.

I was able to reproduce the issue that you have mentioned here. This issue has been fixed in our new version 5.1 whose RC was released last week. Could you please open a Direct-Trac incident with regard to this issue, so that we can provide you the link to download the v5.1 version RC. Please open the new incident with the below subject.

Subject: 60145 - WordDocument taking indefinite time to Save

Herewith I have attached the Sample document that was created using your sample with our new version v5.1.
SampleDoc.zip

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon