We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Copy and paste from Excel/Notepad in to dropdown cell

I'm having an issue copying from Excel/Notepad in to a grid that has a dropdown cell. The cell value can be either YES or NO. If they paste a lower case no from excel, I then catch that in the grid pastecelltext event and upper case it before it pastes it. I also catch this in our copy one to many clipboardpaste function. When I put a lower case no in notepad and copy it to one cell in the grid it doesn't go to my pastecelltext event. Is there a way I can catch this also and upper case it or just to make anything that goes in this cell automatically be uppercased by default? I've attached a sample of this.

CopyPasteDropDown.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2007 01:05 PM UTC

There is a CharacterCasing style property that you can set for TextBoxBase based cell controls that can force the case of a cell. But this will not affect the copy-paste process that you are using.

But there is a property (IgnoreCurrentCell) on the CutPaste event args that you can set so that pasting a single cell is handled the same as a multi-cell paste. This forces the PasteCellText event to be raised even for single cells.

Private Sub GC1_ClipboardPaste(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridCutPasteEventArgs) Handles GC1.ClipboardPaste

Dim blnHandled As Boolean
GC1.BeginUpdate()
e.IgnoreCurrentCell = True
blnHandled = ClipboardPaste(GC1)
GC1.EndUpdate()
GC1.Refresh()
e.Handled = blnHandled

End Sub

Setting this property made your sample display NO even for a single cell copy/paste for me.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon