We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl TableControlCellDoubleClick event problem

Hi,

I am using Syncfusion 4.4, .net 1.1, VS2003.

I am using your sample to demonstrate: Grid.Grouping samples -> Samples -> Getting Started -> DataBindingVS2002_2003.

I have set the following properties on the GGC as i want the selected row to be higlighted as one entire row so that i can retrieve the 'record id' for whatever purpose:
GGC Table Options:
Allow Selection = None,
ListBoxSelectionColorOptions = ApplySelectionColor,
ListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions= HideCurrentCell,
ListBoxSelectionMode = One.

My requirement is as follows: Double clicking with Left Mouse Button on a record row in the Grid Grouping Control will bring up another form onto the screen. So i handle the relevant GGC TableControlCellDoubleClick event as follows

{
System.Windows.Forms.Form FormPopup frmTest = new FormPopup();

frmTest.Show();
}

The problem is that the popup form ALWAYS appears behind the Main Form with the GGC. It should appear on top of the main form, but doesn't. I've tried all sorts of methods, but can't get the popup form to appear on top. I don't want the popup form to be the topmost form even when it's deactivated, so setting the popup form property TopMost to True is not an option.

Strange thing is that when i use exactly the same code in the GGC TableControlCellClick event (single click), the popup form appears on top as expected. So it works for single click event, but not properly for double click event.

I have noticed this problem in Syncfusion 3.2, 4.2, and now 4.4.

I have recreated the problem in the attached file using your shipped Sample Browser example.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Chong

GGC CellDoubleClick Problem.zip

2 Replies

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team April 25, 2007 08:39 PM UTC

Hi Chong,

You can disable the GridGroupingControl when you doubleclick on the cell and enable it in the Form's Activated event. This would resolve this issue. Please refer the modified sample below that works as intended.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_CellDoubleClick_3dbf32e9.zip

Let us know if you need any further help.
Regards,
Rajagopal

CW Chong Wong April 26, 2007 08:09 AM UTC

Hi Rajagopal,

This works perfect!

Thanks for your help and the quick reply!

Kind Regards,
Chong

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon