We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception when copying and pasting . .

I get an error on the grid if i try to copy and paste using Control-C and Control-V into cell where the paste extends past the last column.

for example, if i have 1 row and 3 columns, and i copy the first 2 cells and move the selected cell all the way over to the right and hit Control-V, i get this exception below.

Please advise.

thks,
ak

Index was outside the bounds of the array
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.OnSaveCellInfo(GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.SetCellInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, StyleModifyType modifyType, Boolean dontRaiseSaveCellInfoEvent, Boolean copyReferenceOnly)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.SetCellInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, StyleModifyType modifyType)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.ChangeCells(GridRangeInfo range, GridStyleInfo[] cellsInfo, StyleModifyType modifyType)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelStyleDataExchange.PasteCellsFromDataObject(GridData data, GridRangeInfo range, Boolean bIgnoreDiffRange, Int32 dragDropFlags)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelCutPaste.OnPasteFromClipboard(GridRangeInfo rg)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelCutPaste.Paste()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Syncfusion.Grid.Windows

1 Reply

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team April 25, 2007 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Adam,

Please refer the knowledge base articles to avoid the exception.

How to stop the errors thrown when pasting larger clipboard contents in a GridDataBoundGrid?

How do I paste clipboard contents bigger than GridDataBoundGrid row and column count?

Also refer this forum thread for more details:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=28066

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon