We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to find the corresponding group item when user click on a summary line?

What is the right way to find the group information when a user clicks on a cell in a summary line? Also, how can I find the column name of the cell the user clicked?

Thanks

5 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 24, 2007 06:50 PM UTC

Hi JP,

If you want to get a column name and it group details when clicked on the cell in a grid, you can use the below code:

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.GetTableViewStyleInfo(e.Inner.RowIndex,e.Inner.ColIndex) ;
if( style != null )
{
Console.WriteLine( "GroupDetails " + style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup);
if( style.TableCellIdentity.Column != null )
Console.WriteLine("Column Name" + style.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name);
else if( style.TableCellIdentity.SummaryColumn != null)
Console.WriteLine("Column Name" + style.TableCellIdentity.SummaryColumn.Name);
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

JP JP April 24, 2007 08:10 PM UTC

Thanks Haneef,

I think this is exactly what I need. I have two further questions:
1. Givng a group, how to find the grouping criteria? For example, if I have 3 grouping columns, how can I find the values of those three columns for the group?
2. How to align a cell? I ask this because the summary cell has left alignment while the correspoing column has righ alignment because they are numbers. I tried the following code which did not work:
sdBuy.Appearance.SummaryFieldCell.TextAlign = GridTextAlign.Right;

sdBuy here is a GridSummaryColumnDescriptor

Thanks for your time.

>Hi JP,

If you want to get a column name and it group details when clicked on the cell in a grid, you can use the below code:

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.GetTableViewStyleInfo(e.Inner.RowIndex,e.Inner.ColIndex) ;
if( style != null )
{
Console.WriteLine( "GroupDetails " + style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup);
if( style.TableCellIdentity.Column != null )
Console.WriteLine("Column Name" + style.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name);
else if( style.TableCellIdentity.SummaryColumn != null)
Console.WriteLine("Column Name" + style.TableCellIdentity.SummaryColumn.Name);
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

JP JP April 24, 2007 08:57 PM UTC

Found the answer for my second question. Set
HorizontalAlignment instead of TextAlign.

Still need help for the first question. Thanks.

>Thanks Haneef,

I think this is exactly what I need. I have two further questions:
1. Givng a group, how to find the grouping criteria? For example, if I have 3 grouping columns, how can I find the values of those three columns for the group?
2. How to align a cell? I ask this because the summary cell has left alignment while the correspoing column has righ alignment because they are numbers. I tried the following code which did not work:
sdBuy.Appearance.SummaryFieldCell.TextAlign = GridTextAlign.Right;

sdBuy here is a GridSummaryColumnDescriptor

Thanks for your time.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 24, 2007 10:31 PM UTC

Hi JP,

If you want to get the group category then use the ParentGroup.Category to access it. Here is a code snippet.

style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.Category

If you want to get record collection from the group then call the ParentGroup.Records property. And then you can use the GetValue/SetValue method to get value from the GridRecord. Here is a code snippet.

foreach(Record rec in style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.Records)
{
Consle.WriteLine( r.Info); //r.GetValue("ColumnName");
}

Best regards,
Haneef

JP JP April 25, 2007 01:31 PM UTC

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

>Hi JP,

If you want to get the group category then use the ParentGroup.Category to access it. Here is a code snippet.

style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.Category

If you want to get record collection from the group then call the ParentGroup.Records property. And then you can use the GetValue/SetValue method to get value from the GridRecord. Here is a code snippet.

foreach(Record rec in style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.Records)
{
Consle.WriteLine( r.Info); //r.GetValue("ColumnName");
}

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon