We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

I try to understand how the progressbar works :)

Hi,

I would like to use the progressbar component, but there is some parts of your examples, that I can understand :

function PerformLongOp(button) {
[...]
__sfProgressBar1.value = 0; __sfProgressBar1.updateProgress(); __sfProgressBar1.startProgressTimer();
[...]
}

1) I can't see where this function is called ?

2) "__sfProgressBar1" Is this a way to called the progressbar ? Is that the same thing as : "document.getElementById('ProgressBar1')" ? Does it work only if the component is "runat=server" ?

3) "updateProgress()" and "startProgressTimer()" Are they component functions or functions that I must write ?

4) What is the difference between "__sfProgressBar1.value" and "Me.ProgressBar1.ProgressPercentage" ?

When I'll understand that, it will be a good start I think !!! :)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lucie

6 Replies

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team April 24, 2007 11:42 PM UTC

Hi Lucie,

Here is my answer for your query.

1) In our sample, PerformLongOp() method is invoked by the HTML-Button Button1.

2) "__sfProgressBar1" is client side id for the progressbar, which will automatically created unless if we fail to create a ClientObjectId on markup such as shown below.

$cc1:ProgressBar ID="ProgressBar1" runat="server" ClientObjectID="MyProgressbar">/$Progressbar>

Once you created the Client Id for the progressbar, then you can invokes its client method and property using its Client id such as shown below.

MyProgressBar.value = 0

3) "updateProgress() and startProgressTimer()" is an component function which is used to update the Progressbar value on clien side when the button is clicked.

4) Both are used to increase the relative value for the Progressbar set either in "__sfProgressBar1.value" or "Me.ProgressBar1.ProgressPercentage.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

LU Lucie April 25, 2007 10:00 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I have a little problem : in design mode, I can see that I have an error because I haven't set the "runat" property. If I set it to "runat=server", I can read that the component can't be loaded with the assembly "Syncfusion.Tools.Web, Version=4.301.0.32, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3...".

I use this assembly for the tabs component and I haven't got any problem ?

An idea ?

Thanks for your help.

LU Lucie April 25, 2007 02:04 PM UTC

Some news,

I try to call the class in the code side, but I can't find it. Moreover, I try to add the component to my VS2003 toolbar, but when I load the Syncfusion.Tools.Web.dll, I can't see the progress bar component. Is it normal with my syncfusion version : Essential Studio 4.301.0.32 ?

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team April 26, 2007 07:41 PM UTC

Hi Luice,

We couldn't able to reproduce the issue. We tried to drag and drop the progressbar from the toolbox. Unlike you mentioned it doesn't reproduce the issue. This issue might occurs only if the needed Syncfusion 4.301.0.32 dlls couldn't found in the GAC and in the Public Assemblies folder. Could you please do the following.

1) Run the Build Manager from Start --> Programs -->Essential Studio 4.3.0.32 -->Utilities -->Build Manager. In the build manager window Select the Framework Version as VS.NET 1.1 and press the "Perform Build" button.

2) Then Run Assembly Manager from Start --> Programs -->Essential Studio 4.3.0.32 -->Utilities --> Assembly Manager, which will installs the needed dlls in PublicAssemblies folder and in GAC

3) Perform Reconfigure IIs from Start --> Programs -->Essential Studio 4.3.0.32 -->TroubleShooting -->Reconfigure IIS

4) Start --> Programs -->Essential Studio 4.3.0.32 -->TroubleShooting -->Reset Visual Studio Toolbox

Try this and let us know if the problem still exists.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

LU Lucie April 30, 2007 07:08 AM UTC

Hi,

It doesn't work, but it seems that the Progressbar isn't available with the Framework 1.1.

Thanks for your help.

Lucie

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team April 30, 2007 03:57 PM UTC

Hi Lucie,

Our progress bar component does not support .Net 1.1 Framework (Asp.Net). It would support .Net 2.0 Framework only. And also our latest version 5.0 will not support .NET Framework 1.1 for the ASP.NET components.

We would like suggesting you to upgrade to .NET Framework 2.0 to experience the better functionalities of our latest ASP.NET components.

Kindly let me know if you have further queries, we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon