We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CheckBox event for spacebar

Hi -
i noticed that the CheckBoxClick event doesn't fire when the user changes it's value using the space bar even though the checkbox is sensitive to that keypress and knows what to do with it. What event gets fired letting me know the value has been set/changed?
Thanks,
Julie

5 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 23, 2007 11:20 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

This is by design. If you want to get the CheckBoxState changes when pressing the SPACE bar in a grid cell then hanlde the CurrentCellChanged event for check box cell. Here is a code snippet to shiw this.

private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
GridDataBoundGrid grid = sender as GridDataBoundGrid;
GridCurrentCell cc = grid.CurrentCell;
if( grid.Model[cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex].CellType == "CheckBox" )
Console.WriteLine("CheckBox has been clicked!");
}

Best regards,
Haneef

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team April 23, 2007 11:22 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

The CheckBoxClick is the event that gets triggered only when user clicks using the mouse on the checker box of checkbox. You can catch the CurrentCellChanged event for detecting any changes made to the checkbox cell.

void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell;
if (cc.Renderer.StyleInfo.CellType == "CheckBox")
{
Console.WriteLine("CheckBox cell({0},{1})", cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex);
}
}

Regards,
Rajagopal

JL Julie Levy April 23, 2007 11:29 PM UTC

Hi -
thanks for your response. I have one question: how does the CurrentCellEditingComplete work with CurrentCellChanged? Will CurrentCellChanged fire on every key press? I used CurrentCellEditingComplete to track changes to regular textbox cells.
Thanks,
Julie

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 24, 2007 03:45 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

How does the CurrentCellEditingComplete work with CurrentCellChanged?
>>>>
The CurrentCellEditingComplete event is occured when the grid completes editing mode for the active current cell. But the CheckBox cell is a special case as the changes are committed with each click and do not wait for the user to leave the cell for the changes to be committed. So, it is handled differently. So, if you want to catch each change in a CheckBox, you have to use CurrentCellChanged. You can only execute your code for CheckBox cells by testing the CellType of the currentcell. In the checkbox cell, The CurrentCellEditingComplete event doesn't occur.

Will CurrentCellChanged fire on every key press?
>>>>>
No, The CurrentCellChanged event is occured when the user changed contents of the current cell.

Best regards,
Haneef

JL Julie Levy April 25, 2007 02:47 AM UTC

thanks for the explanation Haneef.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon