We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Japanese language issue with GridListControl

Hi,

I'm using GridListControl to display Japanese language text. The text displays correctly with the items inside the grid but not with the header text (the header text turned to rectangle characters).

I've been searching for some properties of this control or a solution for this issue. Please help me with this.

Thanks and best regards,

Cuong Luc.

header_issue.zip

2 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 19, 2007 03:37 PM UTC

Hi Cuong,

You can handle the QueryCellInfo event of the grid and set e.Style.CultureInfo property to hold rules for parsing and formatting the cell''s value in a cell. Here is a code snippet.

gridListControl1.Grid.QueryCellInfo +=new GridQueryCellInfoEventHandler(Grid_QueryCellInfo);

private void Grid_QueryCellInfo(object sender, GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs e)
{
e.Style.CultureInfo = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("ar-SA");
}

Here is a forum thread that discuss with the simillar issue.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=40024

Best regards,
Haneef

CL Cuong Luc April 23, 2007 02:47 AM UTC

Thank you for your reply, Haneef.

I've tried with your code but it didn't work. After that, I tried not to set the CultureInfo, but set the font like this (also in the event handler method):
e.Style.Font = new GridFontInfo(new System.Drawing.Font(FontManager.FontName, 11F, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Regular, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit.Pixel, ((byte)(0))));

And it worked :)

Regards,

Cuong Luc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon