We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

grid style customization

I would like to have an outlook style display for my GridGroupingControl.

I would like the selected row to highlight the entire row without isolating the cell separately.

Will i need to capture the cell click event to do this?
If so, can I still capture the cell doubleclick event?

Thanks,
Jeremy

6 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 18, 2007 06:20 PM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

I would like to have an outlook style display for my GridGroupingControl.
>>>>>>>
The Outlook2007 browser sample shows the implementation of a Microsoft Outlook 2007 like interface using Essential Grouping Grid Control and other components from Essential Studio.

Sample : OutLook2007.zip

I would like the selected row to highlight the entire row without isolating the cell separately.
>>>>>>>>
You can try setting the ListBoxSelectionMode property to SelectionMode.One/MultiSimple/MultiExtend.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtend;

Can I capture the cell doubleclick event?
>>>>
Yes, you can capture mouse doubleclick using TableControlCellDoubleClick event of the grid.

this.grid.TableControlCellDoubleClick +=new GridTableControlCellClickEventHandler(grid_TableControlCellDoubleClick);

private void grid_TableControlCellDoubleClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
Console.WrilteLine("DoubleClick fired...");
}

Best regards,
Haneef

JG Jeremy Giannosa April 19, 2007 08:54 PM UTC

Haneef,
The issue with "SelectionMode.MultiExtend" is that the grid still highlights the cell that was clicked on (it draws a black box around it).

Is there a way to turn off that highlight?

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 19, 2007 09:09 PM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Please try the below code snippet to turn OFF the CurrentCellBorder and SelectionBorder in a grid.

this.grid.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionOutlineBorder = GridBorder.Empty;
this.grid.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions = GridListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions.HideCurrentCell;

Best regards,
Haneef

JG Jeremy Giannosa April 19, 2007 09:20 PM UTC

Haneef,
That worked beautifully. the problem is now i can't capture doubleclick.

Is there still a way to capture double click for the record that was selected?

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 19, 2007 10:26 PM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

You can try handling the TableControlCellDoubleClick event ot capture the mouse double click in a grid cell.Here is a code snippet

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellDoubleClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
Console.WriteLine("DoubleClick");
}

Best regards,
Haneef

JG Jeremy Giannosa April 20, 2007 04:01 PM UTC

Haneef,
Thanks! That worked.
I was actually using that event previously.

I switched to TableControlCurrentCellDoubleClick because the row wouldn't capture doubleclick unless I doubleclicked on a cell border.

Thanks Again!
Jeremy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon