We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Assemblies

Hi,

Previously we have used 2.0.5.1 Syncfusion version. In this version all the assemblies are grouped in the Assemblies folder, so we are easily mapped to that folder in our application.

Now we have upgraded to 4.2.0.37 Syncfusion version. In this version, there is no specific assemblies folder. Do we need to map to the specific dll folders.

Thanks & Regards,
Sathish.

5 Replies

SC Sathish Chandran April 18, 2007 10:50 AM UTC

Hi,

Is there any dll mapping for 2.0.5.1 and 4.2.0.37 version or do I need to drill down all the new version dll to find out the respective methods.

Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
Sathish.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 18, 2007 08:34 PM UTC

Hi Sathish,

You can get all syncfusion assemblies from precompliedassemblies folder. Here is a path.

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.2.0.37\Precompiledassemblies\4.2.0.37\1.1

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Haneef

SC Sathish Chandran April 19, 2007 03:00 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Thanks for the information. I referred the dll in the path which you mentioned and tried to run the application. Solution build was successful, but at the runtime it shows an error message like "Need supported dll's". It did not say me the dll which it expects.

So I looked in to the sample application to find out where it refers the dll and I noticed that it referred to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies". I referred to this path and it ran's successfully. Can I refer to the same path in my application? Is this the right place to refer? Because in our build machine also, our application will look for the same location.

Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
Sathish.

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team April 19, 2007 07:12 PM UTC

Hi Satish,

Pre 4.x versions are refered the assmblies from '[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies'. These folders are considered to the default Syncfusion assembly pickup folders. From the 4.x versions, this folder is removed and the public assemblies folder is used for this purpose. So you could refer the same path in your application.

From the 4.x versions you can refer the Syncfusion assemblies in the following location,

1. Please refer the location in the precompiled assemblies folder,
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.x\Precompiledassemblies\4.x\1.0 - Visual Studio .Net 2002
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.x\Precompiledassemblies\4.x\1.1 - Visual Studio .Net 2002
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.x\Precompiledassemblies\4.x\2.0 - Visual Studio .Net 2005

2. Please refer the location in the public assemblies folder,
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - Visual Studio .NET 2002
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - Visual Studio .NET 2003
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - Visual Studio .NET 2005

3. Please refer the location in the GAC,
C:\Windows\Assembly\

Kindly try this and let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team April 19, 2007 07:18 PM UTC

Hi Satish,

Kindly ignore my last update.

Pre 4.x versions are refered the assmblies from '[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies'. These folders are considered to the default Syncfusion assembly pickup folders. From the 4.x

versions, this folder is removed and the public assemblies folder is used for this purpose. So you could refer the same path in your application.

From the 4.x versions you can refer the Syncfusion assemblies in the following location,

1. Please refer the location in the precompiled assemblies folder,
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.x\Precompiledassemblies\4.x\1.0 - Visual Studio .Net 2002
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.x\Precompiledassemblies\4.x\1.1 - Visual Studio .Net 2003
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.x\Precompiledassemblies\4.x\2.0 - Visual Studio .Net 2005

2. Please refer the location in the public assemblies folder,
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - Visual Studio .NET 2002
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - Visual Studio .NET 2003
[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - Visual Studio .NET 2005

3. Please refer the location in the GAC,
C:\Windows\Assembly\

Kindly try this and let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon