We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Range / Name Issue

Hello,
I have defined a range named "Currency" in an excel worksheet and i'm trying to work with it.

Ranges such as "=Feuil1!$G2:$G20" are working fine but i'm trying to work in a more complicated way with a range of this kind : "=Feuil1!$G:$G". (that is to say the "G" column)

Then I have a problem : the recognized range in my code is a single cell : C7 (AddressGlobal = "'Feuil1'!$C$7").

Please find my excel template file (rfp_template.xls) and the resulting file (Sample.xls) in attachment.

Here is a part of my code :
//(...)
ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();
IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;

IWorkbook workbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(@"C:\rfp_template.xls");
IWorksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
ITemplateMarkersProcessor marker = workbook.CreateTemplateMarkersProcessor();
marker.AddVariable("Item", dsItems.Tables[0]);
marker.ApplyMarkers();

//here is the problem :
if (workbook.Names.Contains("Currency"))
{
IName n = workbook.Names["Currency"];
IRange r = n.RefersToRange;

IDataValidation validation = r.DataValidation; validation.ListOfValues = new string[] { "EUR", "USD", "GBP" }; validation.PromptBoxText = "currency list"; validation.IsPromptBoxVisible = true; validation.ShowPromptBox = true;
}
//(...)

The result is :
- all the rows of my dataset are successfully put in the file. (great !)
- but there is only one list of currencies in the file (cell C7) (I'm expecting the whole column G to be filled with dropdown lists).

Any help would be appreciated.

cyril

files9.zip

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team April 18, 2007 11:30 AM UTC

Hi Cho,

Thanks for your interest in Essentail XlsIO.

I was able to reproduce the issue in 4.4.0.51. However, this issue is fixed in our new version V5. Here is the screenshot for your reference:

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Compare_407482b8.png

You can also test this by getting the beta version of Essential Studio v5 by referring the following forum thread

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=57573

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

CH Cyril Hochet April 18, 2007 11:37 AM UTC

OK,
thanks.

Cyril

>Hello,
I have defined a range named "Currency" in an excel worksheet and i'm trying to work with it.

Ranges such as "=Feuil1!$G2:$G20" are working fine but i'm trying to work in a more complicated way with a range of this kind : "=Feuil1!$G:$G". (that is to say the "G" column)

Then I have a problem : the recognized range in my code is a single cell : C7 (AddressGlobal = "'Feuil1'!$C$7").

Please find my excel template file (rfp_template.xls) and the resulting file (Sample.xls) in attachment.

Here is a part of my code :
//(...)
ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();
IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;

IWorkbook workbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(@"C:\rfp_template.xls");
IWorksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
ITemplateMarkersProcessor marker = workbook.CreateTemplateMarkersProcessor();
marker.AddVariable("Item", dsItems.Tables[0]);
marker.ApplyMarkers();

//here is the problem :
if (workbook.Names.Contains("Currency"))
{
IName n = workbook.Names["Currency"];
IRange r = n.RefersToRange;

IDataValidation validation = r.DataValidation; validation.ListOfValues = new string[] { "EUR", "USD", "GBP" }; validation.PromptBoxText = "currency list"; validation.IsPromptBoxVisible = true; validation.ShowPromptBox = true;
}
//(...)

The result is :
- all the rows of my dataset are successfully put in the file. (great !)
- but there is only one list of currencies in the file (cell C7) (I'm expecting the whole column G to be filled with dropdown lists).

Any help would be appreciated.

cyril

files9.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team April 18, 2007 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for the update.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon