We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom FilterBar in Grid Grouping Control

I've read and understand how the KB article in regards to having my filter bar to use textboxes and have the display respond to each keystroke works for the GridDataBoundGrid but how do I do the same for the GridGroupingControl? Do I have to override GridTableFilterBarCellRenderer and GridTableFilterBarModel?
Can you give an example that repeats the functionality in the example below for the GridGroupingControl? Thanks
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=90

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 16, 2007 07:36 PM UTC

Hi Shaun,

One way you can do this by handling the QueryCellInfo event to set the CellType to "TextBox" in a filterbar cell and also you can handle the TableControlCurrentCellKeyPress event for adding the RecordFilters in a grid.

Here is a sample
1) ExampleGrid0.zip
2) TextFiltersample.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

PJ Palak Jain June 25, 2010 04:25 PM UTC

I am trying to achieve a similar functionality.But cannot access the sample zip? Please help.

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team June 30, 2010 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Palak,

The filter with the editing like a textbox filter can be achieved by the Dynamic filter which has been added as a feature after 7.1 releases. This dynamic filter has the edit part which acts as a textbox and the filter happens on each key stroke.

The sample is available in our sample browser on the below location:
{Install Drive}:\Syncfusion\{Version Number}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Filters and Expressions\Dynamic Filter Demo

Regarding the sample in the previous update of this forum, I am able to download and make us of the sample attached. If you still unable to download please try with the following link to download:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=ExampleGrid968824263.zip

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Nirmal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon