We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drag TabbedMDIManager tabs between forms.

I have a multiple form application, each with their own TabbedMDIManager. I can create windows and move them around the window's tab groups by dragging around, but I can't seem to drag a tab into another form (i.e. another TabbedMDIManager).

Is there an easy way of doing this without implementing the OLE methods? I now I can programmatically detach one MDI child form and attach it to another in another parent from, but I want to be able to do this with drag-and-drop too.

Thanks in advance,

Jas.

4 Replies

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team April 19, 2007 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Jas,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

In Docking manager it is possible to move docked windows between forms. The linked manager concept allows to transfer docked windows among two or more forms or user controls. It can be accomplished within a single method call. Also, it raises events according to the operations.
Please refer to the Linked Manager sample in Docking Package(C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Docking Package\LinkedManagers) shipping with Essential Studio.

Best Regards,
Poly

JS James Sandys-Lumsdaine April 19, 2007 10:34 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply but I'm not using a docking manager, only TabbedMDIManagers - I want to drag tab sheets into another form (with its own TabbedMDIManager instance) not docked controls from a docking manager.

I'm aware of the linked docking managers but I'm hoping I don't need to use a docking manager simply to allow tab sheets to be moved between forms.

Thanks,

Jas.

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team April 20, 2007 12:12 PM UTC

Hi jas_sl,

With the current implementation, it is not possible to drag tabs from one form to another form. However, I will log a feature request regarding this so that it would be available in future versions.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

JS James Sandys-Lumsdaine April 23, 2007 04:04 PM UTC

Thanks for your feedback. I'll try to implement this with my own drag-and-drop code unless you guys are able to produce a quick example?

Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon