We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with MainFrameBarManager

I have an issue when I run my application in displaying the toolbars using MainFrameBarManager.

We are using Syncfusion 4.4.0.51 and have recently revamped our toolbar into multiple new groups (XPMenu.Bar). But when a user installs our new app, the toolbar groups do not appear as they were organized in the designer when the code was compiled.

I traced this issue down to the fact that we are using persistence in the MainFramBarManager and that (Im guessing) that the new groups did not appear before, so the persist functionality does not know how to display the new groups, so it shows them on separate rows on the toolbar. If I go to the IsolatedStorage directory and delete it, and then run the application, it shows the toolbar as it appeared in the designer. But I cannot ask my users to do this when they install my application.

I then tried to disable persistense (set AutoPersistCustomization and AutoLoadToolBarPositions to false), and try to deal with serialization using the xml approach, but when the user opens the application for the first time, the toolbar groups each appear on different rows and look nothing like the layout in done in the designer. So this will not work for me as well.

Do you know how I can deal with this issue. The current behavior makes my application look very bad.

Thank you,
Vikram

2 Replies

VB Vikram Bhavsar April 16, 2007 04:14 PM UTC

I have not yet received a response to my problem.

Can you tell me if you know of any workaround or if I am on my own as to finding a solution.

Thanks,
Vik

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team April 17, 2007 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Vik,

Sorry for the delay in updating you.

I could see this issue. Could you please try to set the RowIndex property for rearranging toolbar in runtime?

Please refer to the attached sample and let me know if this is helpful for you.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F59444/main.htm

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Poly

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon