We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to find out BarItem position?

Basically, what I want to do is very simple. I want to use a ParentBarItem but I want to distinguish a click on the ParentBarItem image and the drop down arrow.

If the user clicks on the image I want to perform an action directly without popping up the list of contained bar items.

Is there a way to do this?

Need I find out the position and size of the ParentBarItem itself and "guess" what should be a click on the arrow and what is not?

2 Replies

JP Jonas Pettersson April 13, 2007 05:05 AM UTC

Is there perhaps a better object to use?

The DropDownBarItem seems suitable since the drop down arrow and button image are already separated, but if I could use this instead, how do I replicate the actual baritem dropdown like the one the ParentBarItem has built in?

I assumed that separating the arrow and the image clicks even on a bar item would be very common, so I am surprised to find no property on the ParentBarItem object that allow this by simply setting it to "True".

Any ideas, please?

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team April 17, 2007 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

You can change the ParentBarItem Style to Dropdrown by setting the Parent Style.

this.parentBarItem1.ParentStyle = ParentBarItemStyle.DropDown;

Please let me know if you need more assistance with this incident.

Best Regards,
Poly

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon