We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

about drag and drop event while reordering columns

Hi,
I am using GridGrouping and need to store sequence of the columns in a collection.I am able to change the position of the column or can reorder but not getting any event for that to get the column which is being moved to another posiion.I need to change the order of the columns and store them in some collection so that next time if I bind grid to the datasource it should display columns in new order which is changed last time.

Regards,
Ejaz

3 Replies

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team April 12, 2007 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Ejaz,

Please try handling TableControlQueryAllowDragColumn event hanlder and see if it helps.

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlQueryAllowDragColumn(object sender, GridQueryAllowDragColumnEventArgs e)
{
Console.WriteLine("gridGroupingControl1_TableControlQueryAllowDragColumn");
}

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

EJ ejaz April 12, 2007 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Jeba,

Thanks,I tried that,but it fires before start of draging column and I need one event which fires after drop of the column

Best Regards,
Ejaz

>Hi Ejaz,

Please try handling TableControlQueryAllowDragColumn event hanlder and see if it helps.

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlQueryAllowDragColumn(object sender, GridQueryAllowDragColumnEventArgs e)
{
}

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team April 12, 2007 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Ejaz,

Please try this code snippet to get the column which is moved to another position.

{

if (e.Reason == GridQueryAllowDragColumnReason.MouseUp)
{
Console.WriteLine("Moved Column="+ e.Column.ToString());
}
}

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon