We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Fancy new control

Hi Guys,

Our GUI guy has come up with some screenshots with Photoshop that I need to use as a basis for some new controls. His screens are pretty flashy, so there's some work in creating actual usable controls from his designs.

One of the controls he's 'drawn' is a text box that contains multiple 'text items'. Each item is seperated by a space (or maybe a couple of spaces). There is always a default item in the control called 'Add New' which will popup underneath the control (more on that in a minute). So text in the box might look like the following:

'Add New' 'Item 1' 'Item 2'

The textbox acts like a 'Selector' control...that is, you can add or remove items to the box. Clicking on an item in the box underlines the item - you can then hit 'delete' on the keyboard to remove the item, or you could highlight all of the items in the box and hit 'delete' to remove them all. Also - each item in the box needs to have a small arrow next to it - clicking on this arrow presents a context menu, which offers the ability to delete the item.

Clicking on the 'AddNew' item in the box pops up a small window. Here, the user is able to search for new items. He can select a new item and click add - doing so will remove the popup and add a new item into the textbox complete with a small arrow to the right of the text.

I have a few ideas to get started...but if anyone could offer me some advice as to what Syncfusion controls would work best in this scenario, then I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,
Russell

2 Replies

KW Kai Wachter April 12, 2007 09:52 AM UTC

Simply use a Gridcontrol hide column headers borders and that stuff, and create a click handler for the clicked cell. This will look like a Textbox and you have the selector easily created.

regards
kai

>Hi Guys,

Our GUI guy has come up with some screenshots with Photoshop that I need to use as a basis for some new controls. His screens are pretty flashy, so there's some work in creating actual usable controls from his designs.

One of the controls he's 'drawn' is a text box that contains multiple 'text items'. Each item is seperated by a space (or maybe a couple of spaces). There is always a default item in the control called 'Add New' which will popup underneath the control (more on that in a minute). So text in the box might look like the following:

The textbox acts like a 'Selector' control...that is, you can add or remove items to the box. Clicking on an item in the box underlines the item - you can then hit 'delete' on the keyboard to remove the item, or you could highlight all of the items in the box and hit 'delete' to remove them all. Also - each item in the box needs to have a small arrow next to it - clicking on this arrow presents a context menu, which offers the ability to delete the item.

Clicking on the 'AddNew' item in the box pops up a small window. Here, the user is able to search for new items. He can select a new item and click add - doing so will remove the popup and add a new item into the textbox complete with a small arrow to the right of the text.

I have a few ideas to get started...but if anyone could offer me some advice as to what Syncfusion controls would work best in this scenario, then I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,
Russell

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team April 24, 2007 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Russell,

You can get the Fancy new control with the help of our "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl" .
Here is a small sample showing the idea:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F59320/main.htm

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Jeba.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Russell

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon