We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sample Browser is crashing . .

I just installed the latest 4.4 version.. i was using 3.3 before that .

when i try to run the winform sample application it starts to load but i then get a crash (see attachment)

please advise

thks,
ak

Syncfusion 44 Sample Browser Crash.zip

1 Reply

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team April 9, 2007 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Adam,

Could you please check if the Syncfusion assemblies are properly installed in the correct locations?

Please follow the steps below to ensure the same manually.

1) Please check if you are able to find the Syncfusion assemblies in the pre-compiled assemblies folder.
${install_drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\precompiledassemblies\4.4.0.51\${your_frame_work}\

${install_drive} - Where you installed Syncfusion.
${your_frame_work} - The frame work of your choice - 1.0/1.1/2.0.

2) Please check if the Syncfusion assemblies are installed in the GAC,
${install_drive}:\Windows\Assembly

${install_drive} - Where you installed Windows.

3) Please check if the Syncfusion assemblies are installed in the 'Public Assemblies' folder.
${install_drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\ - VS 2005
${install_drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\ - VS 2003
${install_drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\ - VS 2002

${install_drive} - Where you installed Visual Studio.

4) If the assemblies are not found in the public assemblies and in the GAC, just copy the assemblies from the pre-compiled assemblies folder and paste them in the public assemblies folder. Then select all the Syncfusion assemblies in the public assemblies folder, drag and drop them in the GAC. This drag and drop operation is to be done from all the public assemblies folders to ensure Syncfusion assemblies of all the frame work are copied to the GAC.

In order to run the Sample Browser application, you need the Syncfusion Grid and Syncfusion Tools assemblies to be installed in your GAC. If this is not present, then a 'file not found exception' will occur and the application will get crashed. To avoid this error, please install the service pack from the below location. This should fix this problem.

http://www2.syncfusion.com/v4.4.0.51/private/syncfusionessentialstudio_samplebrowsersupporting.exe

This should work for both the Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. For Windows Vista, you should be an administrator for the system.

Kindly refer the following KB article link for handling the multiple version in the same system.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=36

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Kumaresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon