We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Has WordWrap been implemented in latest version?

Can anybody tell me if I can find the word wrap function in latest version of Essential Edit? I'm using 1.5.2.0 and WordWrap is not implemented in that version AFAIK. Thanks. Jinghu

14 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 24, 2003 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Jinghu, The WordWrap functionality (and automatic outlining) is still under development. The estimated time for completion is 2 months. Do not hesitate to contact the Support team for more details on this issue. Regards, Arun

JK Jeff Key December 17, 2003 05:21 PM UTC

Word wrap does not appear to be working in the 2.0 beta. Must I do something other than set the WordWrap property to true? Thanks, Jeff >Hi Jinghu, > >The WordWrap functionality (and automatic outlining) is still under development. The estimated time for completion is 2 months. Do not hesitate to contact the Support team for more details on this issue. > >Regards, >Arun >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 17, 2003 08:48 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, I am afraid that the WordWrap functionality is still in development stage, and not yet a full fledged feature of EditControl. I have conveyed your message to the Essential Edit development team in this regard thereby upping its priority. I will notify you when we accomplish this. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the delay. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JK Jeff Key December 18, 2003 02:21 AM UTC

Thanks Guru, FWIW, it''s the only thing we''re waiting on before buying a license (for work) and going live with it. We''ve implemented it as a smart textbox, rather than a full-fledged editor, and thus the control is rather small. My guess is that others may be in the same boat. Do you have a ballpark estimate for when it may be included? I believe in July we were told Sept, and in Oct we were told by end of year. Is that still reasonable? The editor is the backbone of one of the "cool new features" in our product, so we''re pretty anxious. :) Thanks, Jeff >Hi Jeff, > >I am afraid that the WordWrap functionality is still in development stage, and not yet a full fledged feature of EditControl. I have conveyed your message to the Essential Edit development team in this regard thereby upping its priority. I will notify you when we accomplish this. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the delay. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2003 05:13 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, We are extremely sorry for the delay in implementing this feature. Over the last few months all our resources have been focussed mainly on the 2.0 development, and this issue was in the backburner. However, I have forwarded this message to the development team and have requested them to implement this feature at the earliest. We appreciate your patience, and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team January 29, 2004 03:52 PM UTC

Guru, Any estimates on when we might see this? Thanks, Jeff >Hi Jeff, > >We are extremely sorry for the delay in implementing this feature. Over the last few months all our resources have been focussed mainly on the 2.0 development, and this issue was in the backburner. However, I have forwarded this message to the development team and have requested them to implement this feature at the earliest. We appreciate your patience, and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2004 08:39 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, I have created an incident in Direct Trac - #8997 in this regard, and have updated you with information on this. Please address all your support queries through Direct Trac in future. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team January 29, 2004 08:58 PM UTC

Guru, That item doesn''t appear in my list of open Direct Trac items. I did get the auto-email update, though, and see you''re estimating at least 12 weeks. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=3453 Thanks, Jeff >Hi Jeff, > >I have created an incident in Direct Trac - #8997 in this regard, and have updated you with information on this. Please address all your support queries through Direct Trac in future. Thanks for your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2004 05:46 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the update. I have notified the development team regarding the DirectTrac issue and will keep you updated on the developments. As far as WordWrap feature is concerned, I am afraid we will only have it in the above mentioned timeframe. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2004 03:49 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, Presently you have two customer accounts open with us, and this was the reason for the above mentioned DirectTrac issue. I have updated your incident 8997 with more information on this. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

ME Marco Ensing February 2, 2004 06:19 PM UTC

Don''t know if it adds anything on DirectTrac but I would consider WordWrap as an important feature as well! Regards, Marco

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2004 08:51 PM UTC

Hi Marco, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. I will convey your request to the development team. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AM Andre moraes October 25, 2004 11:06 PM UTC

This feature was already implemented? If it was Since what version? Really it''ll be a BUY/Not Buy Feature. Very important. It''s exactly this feature that it''s missing in the free SharpDevelop Textbox, free Edit Component. So if your componet has this feature, I''ll buy it. Otherwise I''ll still use the free one. reg. AM

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2004 02:58 PM UTC

Hi Andre Yes the newer version of Essential Edit includes this feature. We are currently working on getting a beta version out and an evaluation should be available for download shortly. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon