We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

RichTextEditor - HOW TO make bottom status bar not visible.

Dear Support:

In testing the newest Beta, I had hoped to run the RichTextEditor without any toolbars showing.

And indeed, there are within Properties a number that allow for the display of the many toolbars. These all function.

However, having turned off all the toolbars, and then run the control, there is still a bottom status bar on the control with two buttons as well as a display of number of Words and Characters. There are also two buttons: The default state allows one to view text in the Textbox with whatever HTML applied to it (as the default - a RichText environment), and the second button allows the user to toggle and see the raw text, HTML code and all.

I would like to use your RichTextEditor as an alternative to the TextBox control from Microsoft, for calculated displays of paragraph length text, but also to allow the user to edit or add text to the calculated text placed within the RichTextEditor. Realestate is at a premium on the ASP pages I would like to use it in, so there really isn't room for such a large bottom status bar for the TextBox control I use. I would prefer therefore for what I am working on to show no Toolbars, no status as to Word or Character count, no buttons to toggle, and no large status bar below the RichTextEditor.

I could not find a property to turn off and suppress any of these features. Have I missed them? What would be the properties that would allow me to repress (a) the status as to Word and Character count, (b) the buttons to toggle back and forth between rich text and HTML, and (c) to then repress this rather large status bar at the bottom? If there are no properties to repress these 3 features individually or collectively, is there any code which when exercised at runtime could repress these features?

Sincerely,

Burton G. Wilkins

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2007 05:25 PM UTC

Hi Burton,

There is no way to hide the status bar right now. But, this might be something we can quickly implement in the next couple of days. I will check with my developers and get back to you quickly.

But, please do make sure that our editor does satisfy your use case (see my comments in your other post).

Regards,
Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon