We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RichTextEditor - Font Property not have an affect at run time.

Dear Support:

In testing the newest Beta, I find that for the RichTextEditor control, if you set the Font property to a Font, and then run the Web application, the control ignores what should be this new default Font setting, and displays any text typed into the text box apparently in Times Roman.

I also tried setting the Font and size in code. For example, I placed the following code within the Page_Load:

RichTextEditor1.Font.Name = "Verdona"
RichTextEditor1.Font.Size = 10

The control likewise ignored this setting as well.

I checked your knowledgebase, and found that there was a single posting dealing with how in code to add "custom tools to the Editor Control." This knowledge base article stated that the following code could be used:

RichTextEditor1.NamedFonts.Add("Verdana")
RichTextEditor1.NamedSize.Add("3");

I tried this as well. The first line in adding the Font was allowed by the control, but had no affect at run time either alone or when used in conjuction with the prior line I offered:

RichTextEditor1.NamedFonts.Add("Verdana")
RichTextEditor1.Font.Name = "Verdona"

The second line of code offered in the knowledgebase article was even less successful:

RichTextEditor1.NamedSize.Add("3")

The above line of code returns an Error when compiled that "NamedSize" is not a member of "Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.RichTextEditor."

I did see that when the control is running, you can set the Font at that time from the toolbar, and indeed then that Font setting is respected and used.

However, in this case, I had hoped to set the Font in advance and have no toolbar's showing on the RichTextEditor. The control apparently does not support the Font property at this time as programmers have come to expect.

Is this forum where I should be reporting apparent bugs? Could you please tell me (a) if this condition is to be corrected, and (b) when I might see this correction?

Sincerely,

Burton G. Wilkins

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2007 05:26 PM UTC

See response in the duplicate entry.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon