We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

V5: Model ChildrenChangeComplete event support

In V4 the application could subscribe to the Model.ChildrenChangeComplete event to perform additional actions when a node was added/removed from the diagram model. You could also override the OnChildrenChangeComplete protected method to perform similar actions in derived classes.

I can't similar support for this in the V5 beta. How can I subscribe to child node additions/removals in V5 beta? If there is no support, would you consider adding it before the final release?

Apolon.

9 Replies

AI Apolon Ivankovic April 5, 2007 08:09 AM UTC

Note the same issue applies to the Group class and derivations of it. There needs to equivalents to the V4 ChildrenChangeComplete event and the OnChildrenChangeComplete method.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 5, 2007 08:13 PM UTC

Hi Apolon,

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. Model.ChildrenChangeComplete event is no longer valid in v.5. We have made a lot of changes, implemented a lot of features and fixed more defects in v.5. The new source will not support the older source completely.

We will release the new build with our main release which completely supports the older version(v.4.4). We have not shipped our support for older version right now with the beta release. This suport will be made availiable with the main realse.So this will affect your ongoing projects because of any chnages in our API.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Regards,
Nagaraj

AI Apolon Ivankovic April 6, 2007 02:50 AM UTC

Nagaraj,

Let me phrase it another way:
Using the V5 Diagram API, how do specializations of the Model class get informed when nodes are added/removed so the derived class can perform application specification actions?

Regards,
Apolon.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 9, 2007 09:39 AM UTC

Hi Apolon,

Sorry for this delay. The Model.ChildrenChangeComplete event is no longer valid in v.5. You can use EventSink.NodeCollectionChanged event instead. Please refer to the following code snippet

this.diagram.Controller.Model.EventSink.Start();
this.diagram.Controller.Model.EventSink.NodeCollectionChanged += new CollectionExEventHandler(EventSink_NodeCollectionChanged);

void EventSink_NodeCollectionChanged(CollectionExEventArgs evtArgs)
{
if (evtArgs.ChangeType.ToString() == "Remove")
{
Node node = evtArgs.Element as Node;
Console.WriteLine(node.Name);
}
//throw new Exception("The method or operation is not implemented.");
}

Please let me know if you have any questions

Thanks,
Nagaraj

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 11, 2007 11:24 PM UTC

Hi Apolon,

Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. We appreciate your feedback on v.5.1 beta.

EventSinks could be stopped - it means no event handlers will be executed. But if you want your handler to be executed regardless of EventSink state you should mark it with EventHandlerPriorityAttribute( true ).

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

AI Apolon Ivankovic April 28, 2007 08:43 AM UTC

The release candidate 5.1.0.37 doesn't appear to have legacy support for the V4.4 diagramming DLLs as indicated in a previous post. Could you confirm that this will be the case with the final release?

Thanks,
Apolon.

"We will release the new build with our main release which completely supports the older version(v.4.4). We have not shipped our support for older version right now with the beta release. This suport will be made availiable with the main realse."

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 28, 2007 03:54 PM UTC

Hi Apolon,

My apologies for the wrong information in the previous post. We are not going to include any legacy support of 4.4 with the 5.1. Our v.5.1 main release includes only the refactored version. If you have any defects in v.4.4, we will fix those defects and we will provide a separate patch.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

AI Apolon Ivankovic May 16, 2007 09:09 AM UTC

That is very disappointing.

Would you reconsider?
Syncfusion took the approach of supporting a legacy Edit Control via a few versions when Essential Edit went through a major API restructure. Why not do the same with Essential Diagram?

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 17, 2007 10:46 AM UTC

Hi Apolon,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused. A DT incident has been created with the subject of providing 4.4 legacy support. The incident id is # 34097. Could you please follow-up with this incident for getting more details regarding this query?

Thanks for your using Essential Diagram.

Best Regards,
Meera.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon