We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Drag Problem with gridDataBoundGrid control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

59117 Apr 5,2007 06:16 AM UTC Apr 9,2007 12:55 PM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: GridControl
Nhilesh Baua
Asked On April 5, 2007 06:16 AM UTC

Hello,

I am using gridDataBoundGrid v: 4.402.0.55.
I used the gridControl before some time and found the property named "AllowDragSelectedRows" to enable draging of rows, I am not able to find the same with the gridDataBoundGrid.

I want to simulate the gridControl code with the gridDataBoundGrid control with almost all the events same. Dragging of rows works fine with gridControl(though some times selects like excel), but doesn't work at all with the gridDataBoundGrid control.

If I try to drag rows, it selects it like a excel sheet even if the AllowSelection property is set to "Row'" and "Multiple" selection mode is off.

I want to drag a perticular row however the drag events are not firing at all.
Please help on this ASAP

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nhilesh Baua.

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 5, 2007 05:51 PM UTC

Hi Nhilesh,

The AllowDragSelectedRows is a member of GridControl, but not GridDataBoundGrid.

Are you in a GridDataBoundGrid? Look under the ControllerOptions property, and turn on the OLE options there and also set the AllowDrop property to true; to enable the drag and drop functionality on the selected rows/cells in a grid. You can use the following code snippet to achieve this.

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.AllowDrop = true;
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any;
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.All;

Best regards,
Haneef

Nhilesh Baua
Replied On April 9, 2007 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I am using "gridDataBoundGrid" control, I tried your code but that didn't worked out as I need.
I want the dataGrid event should responsd to row level and one should be able to add the drag functionality to grid rows, again the rows selection is working like an Excel sheet, I should be able to select and drag one row only.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Nhilesh Baua.

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 9, 2007 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Nhilesh,

Please try refer this.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=17518

Best regards,
Haneef

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;