We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

V5: X, Y, Width, Height alternatives

In my V4 based application there is a lot of use of the following properties of Shape and TextBase:
X, Y
Width, Height

Both the getter and setter of these properties are used in various application code scenarios.

Can you confirm that from a getter viewpoint I can use the Node.BoundingRectangle X, Y, Width and Height properties in V5?

The Node.BoundingRectangle property is read only. What do you suggest to replace the X, Y, Width and Height sets with in a ported V4 application?

Would you consider providing the Node base class with X, Y, Width and Height properties with both getters and setters in V5?

Regards,
Apolon.

4 Replies

AI Apolon Ivankovic April 5, 2007 08:07 AM UTC

Would you also consider adding a Node.Bounds property or add a Node.BoundingRectangle setter to the V5 functionality?
i.e. in addition to the X, Y, Width and Height property request.

These sort of minor additions will make it just that little bit easier in porting V4 diagram applications to V5.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 5, 2007 06:05 PM UTC

Hi Apolon,

1. The X,Y,Width,Height properties for the shapes and Textbase are no longer valid in v.5. You can use textnode.PinPoint and textnode.Size property instead. Please refer to the following code

private TextNode m_textNode = null;
this.m_textNode.PinPoint = new PointF(60, 40);
m_textNode.Size = new SizeF(80, 20);

2. Yes you can use Node.BoundingRectangle X, Y, Width and Height properties to get the the X, Y positions and to get the Height and width of the Node.

3. Yes, In v.5 the Node.BoundingRectangle property is read only. You can use Node.PinPoint property to set X and Y values.
Also you can use Node.Size property to change the size.

4. Would you consider providing the Node base class with X, Y, Width and Height properties with both getters and setters in V5?
I will forward your feedback to our development team and we will try to implement this in future.

5. I will forward your feedback regarding "add a Node.BoundingRectangle setter " to our development team and we will try to implement this in future.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nagaraj

AI Apolon Ivankovic April 6, 2007 02:28 AM UTC

Ok, thanks for the info.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 11, 2007 10:55 PM UTC

Hi Apolon,

Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. We appreciate your feedback on v.5.1 beta.

PinPoint - defines node's location in document.It is not equivalent to X, Y in v4.And it does not mean that node's visual representation will start render at this point.If node's Rotation angle is non 0, it will be rotated around PinPoint.

PinPointOffset - offset from PinPoint.Subtracting PinPointOffset from PinPoint value you will get point where node will start rendering its visual representation("render origin")

BoundinRectangle property caches bounding rectangle value, and is updated every time when node is moved, resized, rotated(performance gaining).There could not be a setter for this property.

In v5 updating Width, Height properties you are updating real node's dimensions not bounding rectangle's dimensions like in v4 (IBounds2DF.Bounds) where it would result in scaling node's path.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon