We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

splitter control in dockingmanager

Hello.

How can I replace the splitter controls in DockingManager?
I need to chage splitter control appearance and do custom actions when I click on different parts of it.

Thanks.

3 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team April 20, 2007 05:55 PM UTC

Hi Ivan,

We are really sorry for very long delay in responding. DragSplitter could be accessed from the DockingManager.HostControl.Controls collections. Herewith I have attached the sample to change the Color of the DragSplitter. Please refer to attachment and let me know if it helps you.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F59058/Main.htm

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

MS Matt Speller May 17, 2010 11:04 AM UTC

Hi there, this link is no longer valid. Please can you update as I need similar functionality.

I need to know when the user changes the sizes of the docked controls by using the splitter control. Is there an event I can listen to on the dock host or manager - or will I have to subscribe to the events of the DragSplitter?

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team May 18, 2010 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the update.

Please try using DragSplitterMoving in DragSplitter to detect the size change in Docked Controls as shown below.

public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
this.dockingManager1.HostControl.ControlAdded += new ControlEventHandler(HostControl_ControlAdded);
this.dockingManager1.HostControl.ControlRemoved += new ControlEventHandler(HostControl_ControlRemoved);
}
void HostControl_ControlRemoved(object sender, ControlEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Control is DragSplitter)
{
DragSplitter sp = e.Control as DragSplitter;
sp.DragSplitterMoving -= new SplitterEventHandler(sp_DragSplitterMoving);
}
}
void HostControl_ControlAdded(object sender, ControlEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Control is DragSplitter)
{
DragSplitter sp = e.Control as DragSplitter;
sp.DragSplitterMoving += new SplitterEventHandler(sp_DragSplitterMoving);
}
}
void sp_DragSplitterMoving(object sender, SplitterEventArgs e)
{
DragSplitter sp = sender as DragSplitter;
}

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon