We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Item template columns in child rows

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

58976 Apr 2,2007 06:43 PM UTC Apr 4,2007 12:21 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 2
Tags: GridGroupingControl
David
Asked On April 2, 2007 06:43 PM UTC

Afternoon,
I have a GridGroupingControl on an aspx page. I’ve added a ItemTemplate column so I can link to another page to edit the details of that parent row. This row has too many data fields to have the user edit them in the grid. Each parent row has many child rows in which I need to be able to add an ItemTemplate column to as well for editing the details of the child records. Like the parent row, the child row also has too many data fields to have the user edit them in the grid. I have searched the forums and the help and can’t see a way to do this. Is this possible?

Using VS 2005 and .Net 2.0

Thanks,
Dave

Gokul B [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 4, 2007 01:11 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

Attached is the sample in which the 2 tables are added to the grid's data source list and then relationship between the 2 tables defined in code.

Adding Template to Child table

In our sample, each and every parent row contains collection of child row and Itemtemplate has been to added to the ShipAddress of the Childtable using QueryInfoStyle event.

Please have a look at our sample and Let us know if it helps.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

David
Replied On April 4, 2007 12:21 PM UTC

Gokulkumar.B
Thanks for your response to my query. I modified the QueryCellStyleInfo event to add a hyperlink and all is well.

Thanks so much for for a wonderful tool and the great support you offer.
Dave

>Hi Dave,

Attached is the sample in which the 2 tables are added to the grid's data source list and then relationship between the 2 tables defined in code.

Adding Template to Child table

In our sample, each and every parent row contains collection of child row and Itemtemplate has been to added to the ShipAddress of the Childtable using QueryInfoStyle event.

Please have a look at our sample and Let us know if it helps.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;