We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Edit Cell on Sorted Column

Hi,

When I edit a cell on the sorted column, grid updates the new value on two cells. Please tell me how will I resolve this issue.

I have attached a sample for your reference.

To Reproduce:

1. Sort the EmpNo column by clicking on the column header.
2. Edit a cell in such a way that the EmpNo column is no longer sorted.
3. Click on some other cell.
4. You will observe that the new value appears in two cells!

I have been waiting for your response from past two weeks. I hope this time you will give enough respect to my time.

Thanks,
Amiya

TestEditOnSortedColumn.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2007 10:51 PM UTC

Sorry for missing your previous post. This is a public forum and there is no tracking for posts that might quickly move to a second page and get overlooked. If you want to make sure you get a response to your support request, then you should use our Direct Trac support system. That system does have incident tracking with your post immediately being posted to appropriate engineers, an dtracked to make sure it is not overlooked.

Your .NET 2.0 sample runs fine using our current release. Changing a value in a sorted column does not make double entries. So, upgrading to a version of our library that has been test for use with .NET 2.0 will avoid this problem for you.

But it looks like you are trying to run version 2.1.0.9 using VS2005. 2.1.0.9 was released in August 2004 prior the release of VS2005 in Nov of 2005. When I try to use the 2.1.0.9 DLLs in 2005, your sample does not run. Have you rebuilt the 2.1.0.9 source using VS2005? How are you using our 2.1.0.9 DLLs in VS2005? I tried just adding the DLL's as references, but get a stack overflow exception as the application loads.

I did try running your sample code in a .Net 1.1 application using 2.1.0.9. There it runs OK, and your application did not show the problem either. No values showed up.

Can you explain exactly how you are using our 2.1.0.9 DLLs in VS2005? Can you try your sample code in .NET 1.1 to see if it fails there for you?

Also, here are a couple of property settings you can change to see if they will let your current code run OK. Try various combinations of

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.OptimizeInsertRemoveCells
and
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.UseListChangedEvent

to see if they have any affect on this problem.

AM Amiya March 31, 2007 07:54 PM UTC

Hi Clay,

Thanks for the response.

I have a binary license of 2.1.0.9. So I haven't built the dll using VS 2005.

I find it strange how you are getting the runtime errors (stackoverflow). Anyways, this is how I created the sample application.

1. Installed the syncfusion grid v 2.1.0.9.
2. Added the grid to vs 2005 toolbar
3. Drag and drop the grid on the windows form.

I'm able to run the application here. Try it at your end and let me know your findings. This issue is critical to us.

I haven't tested my sample application on .net 1.1 and I don't have any plans of. My application is on .NET 2.0 now.

We have been using GridControl in our application (.net 2.0) for past 8 months with no issues. FYI we purchased the binary licenses. I'm only having trouble with GridDataBoundGrid!

I tried changing the properties as suggested by you with the same result.

Looking forward to a response from you soon.

Thanks,
Amiya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2007 09:10 AM UTC

Following your steps, I still cannot run your sample or create a new sample using 2.1.0.9 and VS2005.

It may have to do with the FAQ that the system I am using has all 3 Frameworks (1.0, 1.1, and 2.0). Does yours? Also, exactly what syncfusion DLL's are you using the, the 1.0 or the 1.1 versions. Do you have these in the GAC or just doing copy local's to use them.

We do not formally support the 1.0 and 1.1 shipped 2.1.0.9 binaries under VS2005. If you want to pursue this matter, you can submit a Direct Trac support incident. Do you currently have an active Support contract? We will have to work with you to set up an environment that is the same as yours so we try to come up with a work around, if possible. There is no way we can provide any patches to 2.1.0.9 at this point, so upgrading to a VS2005 supported release or a 2.1.0.9 work-around are the only possibilities.

Finally, here is another property setting your can try to see if this will avoid the problem in the code you have. Try setting:

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.DirectSaveCellInfo = true

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon