We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem while editing a summary cell

Hi,

I am trying to edit the sumaary cell. I have made it editable and i could able to edit the summary cell properly but once i clicked any record cell then next time onwards i couldnot able to edit the summary cell...when i try to edit ...and entered any value in the summary cell cursor goes to the prev clicked record cell..I have tried lots of option but couldnt find the solution
Please help me to solve this...this is very urgent for me.

Thanks
Harshad

6 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team March 29, 2007 04:35 PM UTC

Hi Harshad,

Here is a link to a forum thread that discusses this topic.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=49541

Best regards,
Haneef

HA Harshad March 29, 2007 04:37 PM UTC

Addition to prev details...I have debugged more and conclusionis...When i click on record cell and then click on summary cell then record cell still remain active and present in currentRecord. and so when i start editing summary cell grid throws me to that record. and i couldnt modify the summary...
Event TableControlCurrentCellChanging is getting fired for summary cell and after that Grid fires TableControlCurrentCellControlLostFocus Event directly.

Please help.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team March 29, 2007 05:11 PM UTC

Hi Harshad,

Please refer this.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=49541

Best regards,
Haneef

HA Harshad March 29, 2007 05:28 PM UTC

Please try to understand the scenario
I have already done all that you have mention.. As I said I am able edit summary cell unless i click on any record cell...but when i click on the record cell after that i can not edit summary cell it throws me to the record cell earlier selected

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team March 29, 2007 06:36 PM UTC

Hi Harshad,

Try setting the CurrentRecord to null for summary cell in the TableControlCurrentCellStartEditing event of the grid. See if this helps

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellStartEditing(object sender, GridTableControlCancelEventArgs e)
{
GridCurrentCell cc = e.TableControl.CurrentCell;
GridTableCellStyleInfo style = cc.Renderer.CurrentStyle as GridTableCellStyleInfo;
Element el = style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement;

if( el.Kind == DisplayElementKind.Summary )
{
e.TableControl.Table.CurrentRecord = null;
}
}

Please refer to the attached sample for implementation.
GGCSummary.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

HA Harshad March 30, 2007 08:04 AM UTC

Thanks a lot Haneef,

It worked....that for your timely replies as you always do..

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon