We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bulk Update multiple rows.

Hi,
I am using syncfusion grid grouping control version :4.4.0.55
There is a requirement for inserting multiple updates for selected rows depending upon the value given in the New Row.

Attached is the requirement sample.

Please Help.

Thanks in advance.
Aditi

BulkUpdate.zip

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2007 02:16 PM UTC

You indicate that you are using a GridGroupingControl. Normally, a GridGroupingControl displays exactly what is in its DataSource. So, to insert a row, you should think about inserting a row into the DataSource (not the grid). Once you do this, the row will normally automatically appear in the GridGroupingControl. So, exactly what is the object that you are setting to the gridGroupingControl.DataSource. Is it something you can work with to insert new rows so they automatically appear in the GridGroupingCOntrol?

AP Aditi Pisal March 28, 2007 05:28 AM UTC

Hi Clay,
The reply is not suitable for my requirement.

Since the user will not access the datasource ,so using datasource to show new inserts in the grid is not a valid solution.

My requirement is to select multiple rows by "checking "the checkbox which is newly added column.
The values will be given in the newly added row.
Then all the rows for whome the checkbox is checked will be updated with the values that is shown in the newly created row.

Pls sugeest how to scheive this.
Thanks in advance.
Aditi.

BulkUpdate0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2007 09:00 AM UTC

Here is a sample.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/WindowsApplication108.zip

It has an unbound checkbox column. When your user leaves the AddNew row with this checkbox checked in the new row, all current rows in the grid with a checked checkbox will be modified to have the same values as the new row. There is no magical way to do this. It loops though all existing records in the grid and modifies the ones with a check.

AP Aditi Pisal March 29, 2007 11:00 AM UTC

Hi Clay ,
Thanks for the solution.It is partially matching the requirement.

But ,
I want to update all the Rows for whome the correesponding Checkbox is checked in that row.
and NOT TO ADD NEW ROWS at the bottom of the grid with new primary keys.

Also,
can you please help to add the special checkbox column of bulk select at 2 nd position of the grid.
This column will not be a part of datasource.
Sample exe will be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance,
Aditi.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team March 30, 2007 08:34 PM UTC

Hi Aditi,

Here is a minimal sample that shows you "How to update the multiple records using the AddNewRecord with checked checkbox?". Please try this sample and let me know if this helps.
BulkUpdateSample.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

AP Aditi Pisal April 15, 2007 10:09 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I have used the GridCoveredRanges to cover some of my column headers under single column titles.
The problem is that when I add a new column "BULKUPDATE" at runtime ..all the setting of GridCoveredRanges is lost and the columns gets shifted but the covered ranges dont adjust themselves:
I have used the following code:
bmsdgHierarchyMapping.TableModel.Model.CoveredRanges.Add(GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 1, 1, 4));
bmsdgHierarchyMapping.TableModel.Model.CoveredRanges.Add(GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 5, 1, 8));
bmsdgHierarchyMapping.TableModel.Model.CoveredRanges.Add(GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 9, 1, 12));

After the addition of new column at position number 2..I want the covered ranges to shift by 1 .
I expect something of following type:
bmsdgHierarchyMapping.TableModel.Model.CoveredRanges.Add(GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 1, 1, 5));
bmsdgHierarchyMapping.TableModel.Model.CoveredRanges.Add(GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 6, 1, 9));
bmsdgHierarchyMapping.TableModel.Model.CoveredRanges.Add(GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 10, 1, 13));

Even If I write such code the output is not seen.
I am using the CUSTOM ENGINE.cs provided by you.

Pls reply ASAP with exe.

Thanks in Advance.
Aditi Pisal

BulkUpdateDocument0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon