We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to draw a flow graphic? urgently for the answer

I am using Syncfusion evaluation version, curently I am evaluating syncfusion diagram. I want to draw the flow graphic with the attachment file by diagram. I want to draw it with the attachment file by automatic layout. I try many times to do, but I don't success to draw it. I want each Orthogonal line not across, mean each Orthogonal line with itself routing in its all routing track. So I am highly appreaciting if any one give some sample application and help me to draw it.

Thanks,

FlowNodes.zip

36 Replies

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team March 27, 2007 04:39 PM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Thanks for your interest in Essential Diagram.

If your intention is to create a layout using the data from mdb database then it can be done as shown in the OrgLayout sample (Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Samples\In Depth\OrgLayout)which ships with our Essential Diagram ProductPackage.

In this sample, an organizational chart is created and displayed using the employee data sourced from an Access database. And also in this sample a custom LayoutManager is used to lay out the diagram nodes.

With regard to the condition "Orthogonal line not across, mean each Orthogonal line with itself routing in its all routing track" , kindly refer the following forum,
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=58643
in which the update for this query is provided.

Let me know if I am wrong in getting your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

SU sun March 28, 2007 12:00 AM UTC

Thanks,
I know your mean. But I draw the flow graphic with few nodes data is layout rightly. I draw the flow graphic with the attachment file large nodes data isn't layout rightly. It displays each Orthogonal line acrossing on having leaf nodes. new question when use the syncfusion digram. I try to move the leaf node location for each Orthogonal line not across, but I don't success to draw it with some times. So I think asking some help. Could you give some sample application and help me to draw it with my provided attachment file data? I am highly appreaciting for your help.

Thanks for your reply.

Kawashima,

FlowNodes1.zip

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team March 29, 2007 09:56 PM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. You can load the symbols to the diagram using FlowNodes data sourced from an Access database.

private Hashtable ReadEmployeeDataFromDatabase()
{
Hashtable htemployees = new Hashtable();

string currentpath = Application.ExecutablePath;
string datasrcpath = currentpath.Substring(0,currentpath.IndexOf("bin")) + "data\\FlowNodes3.mdb";
string connectionstring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + datasrcpath + ";";
OleDbConnection orgdbconnection = new OleDbConnection(connectionstring);

string orgdbselectquery = "SELECT * FROM FlowNodes";
OleDbCommand orgdbcommand = new OleDbCommand(orgdbselectquery, orgdbconnection);

orgdbconnection.Open();

OleDbDataReader orgdbreader = orgdbcommand.ExecuteReader();
while(orgdbreader.Read())
{
object[] employeedata = new object[3];
int count = orgdbreader.GetValues(employeedata);
Employee emply = new Employee();
emply.EmployeeID = employeedata[0].ToString();
emply.EmployeeName = (string)employeedata[1];
if(count == 3)
emply.ManagerID = employeedata[2].ToString();
htemployees.Add(emply.EmployeeID, emply);
}

orgdbreader.Close();

orgdbcommand.Connection.Close();

return htemployees;
}

I have attached the sample for your reference. This sample demonstrates the use of an ADO.NET datareader to interface with the FlowNodes database.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F58690/main.htm

I hope this will meet your requirement. Please provide a sample or modify this sample if this not meets your requirement.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regards,
Nagaraj

SU sun March 30, 2007 01:10 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,
I want to draw the flow graphic with the attachment file by diagram. My flow graphic isn't tree layout, it has some input node and output node. Each input node and output node may has some children node. The IsInputNode field of the node is true if the node is input node, otherwise it is false. I want to draw input node on the top of diagram graphic and output node on the bottom of diagram graphic. I want to draw it with the attachment file by automatic layout. I try many times to do, but I don't success to draw it. I want each Orthogonal line not across, mean each Orthogonal line with itself routing in its all routing track. So I think asking some help. Could you give some sample application and help me to draw it with my provided attachment file data? I am highly appreaciting for your help.

Tip: The attachment has three files, two file is error layout graphic file about input node error layout and output node error layout, one file is the data source for drawing the flow graphic.

Thanks,

SU sun March 30, 2007 01:31 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,
I want to send the attachment file to you, but it occurs some error on with the attachment file. So I explain that the data source file and error layout graphic file is my sended attachment file ago.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=58643
The error layout graphic file is 'flowgraphic.zip' and the data source file is 'FlowNodes0.zip'.

Thanks,

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 2, 2007 05:33 PM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Please follow up the follwoing Forum thread

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=58643

Thanks,
Nagaraj

SU sun April 3, 2007 02:43 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,
My Sample is the attachment file to you, it occurs some error on layout the data source nodes. Could you modify my sample with the needed features? I am highly appreaciting for your help.

Thanks,

error_layout_graphic13.zip

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 4, 2007 12:20 AM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Thank you for your sample and for being patience.

We are currently analyzing your application in a detailed manner for the cause of this issue. We will trace out the reason for this issue and update you the exact details at the earliest. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

SU sun April 5, 2007 01:13 AM UTC

Hi,
I will wait for your help. Please send me if you finish the error question.

Thanks,
kawashima

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 6, 2007 12:23 AM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for this delay. Currently we are very busy in v.5 release. I have modified the default line routing by customizing OrthogonalLine class.

MyLink ortholink = new MyLink(subflownodesymbol.CenterPort.Location, CompassHeading.South,
subflownodesymbol.CenterPort.Location, CompassHeading.North);
LinkCmd linkCmd = new LinkCmd();
ortholink.EndPoints.FirstEndPointDecorator = new EndPointDecorator(EndPointVisuals.Diamond);
ortholink.EndPoints.LastEndPointDecorator = new EndPointDecorator(EndPointVisuals.ClosedArrow);
linkCmd.Link = ortholink;
this.Diagram.Controller.ExecuteCommand(linkCmd);

I have attached the sample that demonstrates this completely. You can download the sample from the following page.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/FlowGraphicsModified/main.htm

Please refer to the sample and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

SU sun April 20, 2007 03:34 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,
Kindly accept my sincere apologies for this delay. I find some layout error in your sample. You can find the layout error if you press the "Realtime Run" button in your sample HMI. I want to draw the flow graphic with the realtime label value on the link line. So you can the layout error when you press the "Realtime Run" button in your sample HMI. The error layout graphic file is "error_layout.GIF" in the my sent attachment file. I am highly appreaciting for your help.

Thanks,

Graphics Noes.zip

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 20, 2007 11:25 PM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Thank you for being patience.

We will analyze your issue in detail for the cause, solution and let you know the complete details on or before on Monday ( 27… ). Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Have a nice day

Thanks,
Nagaraj

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 24, 2007 12:12 AM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have modified your sample and the links are prevented from overlapping. Please refer to the attached sample. You can download the sample from the following page.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/GraphicsNodesModified/main.htm

Please refer to the sample and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

SU sun April 24, 2007 01:20 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,
Thank you for your help, but your modified sample isn't my mean. I want to draw the flow graphic with my data like your sample 'OrgLayout Sample'. Its LayoutManager is automatic by UpdateLayout method and PositionMember method of the OrgChartManager. I want to write the LayoutManager myself, but I am unsuccessful. So I think you can help me. My idea is said beforetime.(I find some layout error in your sample. You can find the layout error if you press the "Realtime Run" button in your sample HMI. I want to draw the flow graphic with the realtime label value on the link line. So you can the layout error when you press the "Realtime Run" button in your sample HMI. The error layout graphic file is "error_layout.GIF" in the my sent attachment file.) I am highly appreaciting for your help.

Thanks,

GraphicsNodes.zip

SU sun April 27, 2007 01:03 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,

I have write a document regarding this issue. Please refer to this document and give me help as soon as.
Can you help me? I am highly appreaciting for your help.

Thanks,
kawashima

document6.zip

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 28, 2007 11:45 PM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Thanks for your continied interest in Syncfusion product.

I have modified your sample and the orthogonal links had drawn in different and separate line routing. Please refer to the attached sample and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/GraphicsNodes/main.htm

SU sun April 29, 2007 02:24 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,

Thank you for your help, but your modified sample don't satisfy my requirement. Can you help me for write a LayoutManager? The LayoutManager is my highly needful all the while. I want the LayoutManager can adapt to all the data as my provided.
Can you help me? I am highly appreaciting for your help. I need a LayoutManager!!!!!

Thanks,
kawashima

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 1, 2007 11:43 PM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

I am currently working on your issue with high priority. I will keep you updated on the progress of this incident. In the mean time, if you wish to share any further information on this issue feel free to do so.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

SU sun May 8, 2007 01:09 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,

Thank you for your help, but your modified sample don't satisfy my requirement. Can you help me for write a LayoutManager? The LayoutManager is my highly needful all the while. I want the LayoutManager can adapt to all the data as my provided.
Can you help me? I am highly appreaciting for your help. I need a LayoutManager!!!!!

Thanks,
kawashima

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 10, 2007 12:29 AM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Thank you for your interesting questions. We are currently integrating your requirements into a sample which we will update before end of week. Kindly update us if you have any more requirements.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj

SU sun May 10, 2007 01:16 AM UTC

Hi,
I will wait for your help. Please send me if you finish the sample.

Thanks,
kawashima

SU sun May 14, 2007 12:47 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,

Thank you for your help. Can you tell me if the sample of your mentioned is finished?

Thanks,
kawashima

SU sun May 16, 2007 01:04 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,

Thank you for your help. Can you tell me if the sample of your mentioned is finished?

Thanks,
kawashima

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team May 16, 2007 04:35 PM UTC

Hi Kawashima ,

My strong apologies for the delay in responding to you.

We are working on this sample and will update you with the exact timeframe for the completion of this sample by Friday of this week.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ramya.

SU sun May 17, 2007 12:50 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks,
kawashima

SU sun May 18, 2007 08:43 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks,
kawashima

SU sun May 23, 2007 06:34 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks,
kawashima

SU sun May 23, 2007 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Nagarajan and Ramya,

Thanks,
kawashima

SU sun May 24, 2007 12:55 AM UTC

Hi,
I wait for your company help. But I don't receive anything about the reply for the question recently. Why don't your company resolve my question? I have some puzzle about your reply.

Thanks,
kawashima

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 24, 2007 07:20 AM UTC

Hello Kawashima,

We are sorry for this delay in responding. If your intension is to use layout manager and to arrange the nodes automatically, you can do this by customizing the default LayoutManager class and overriding the desired methods with the code.

I have modified your sample to use the DiagramLayout Manager which is the custom version of LayoutManager class and attached the sample with this. You can get the sample from the following link - http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F58690_May24/main.htm

Sample Details :

1. Created a custom Layout manager class (DiagramLayoutManager.cs).

2. Added two new properties called Rank and SubFlowNodes for the AriFlowNodeSymbol class which is used for layouting the nodes using the custom layout manager.

3. Added code to all the IterCreateFlowNodeSymbol() methods in the Ari_DrawSankey class to set the value for AriFlowNodeSymbol.SubFlowNodes property.
Set the layout manager to the diagram control ( This is implemented in the Ari_DrawSankey class constructors).

3. This custom layout is used to arrange the nodes ( This is implemented in the Ari_DrawSankey.CreateOrgDiagramFromList() method).

4. The LineRouting and Bridging mechanism are applied on the diagram layout ( This is implemented in the Ari_DrawSankey class constructors).

Please look into the sample. I hope this will help you to get an idea about what you are looking for.

P.S : I have just created a custom layout manager and applied it the diagram. Please look into that and try to modifying it (if it needs) by yourself as per your requirement since this seems to be very specific to your application.

Best Regards,
Meera.

SU sun May 24, 2007 08:33 AM UTC

Hello Meera Fathima,
Thank you for your help. Please you click the "RealTime Run" button, you can find some question. Each node label value is confusion. I don't know what it express. Please give me a good solution, not a don't testing sample. I ask some times for the question, but your company reply is my despair. I wait for your company help.

Thanks,
kawashima

SU sun May 24, 2007 08:34 AM UTC

Hello Meera Fathima,
Thank you for your help. Please you click the "RealTime Run" button, you can find some question. Each node label value is confusion. I don't know what it express. Please give me a good solution, not a don't testing sample. I ask some times for the question, but your company reply is my despair. I wait for your company help.

Thanks,
kawashima

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 25, 2007 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

I will look into the detail that you provided in the previous update and will get back to you on this by Monday.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Meera.

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 29, 2007 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

Sorry about this delay in getting back to you on this.

We have created a DT incident with the subject of this forum. The incident id is #34415. Could you please follow-up with this incident to get more details about the status of this issue.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Meera.

SU sun May 30, 2007 01:24 AM UTC

Hi Meera Fathima,
Where is the entrance of you mentioned? How do I entrance?

Thanks,
kawashima

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team May 30, 2007 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Kawashima,

I was able to see your update in the incident- #34415. So I hope you knew how to use the Direct-Trac.

Please followup in that incident.

Thanks,
Ramya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon