We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Updated from 4.3 to 4.4 - writing cells 20 times slower

I've just updated from 4.3.0.30 to 4.4.0.51 and found that the code generating mostly text and number cells (seven sheets, approx. 50 rows and 20 columns) is 20 times slower comparing to 4.3.0.30 ! It seems as if I comment out all IRange.Text and IRange.Number assignments the speed is back (without having written the content of course).

Are there any new properties I should use to optimize it (pre-allocate total number of cells or such) ? This is unacceptable, sorry.

Thanks.

2 Replies

PV Petr Vones March 26, 2007 08:20 PM UTC

Attached is simple test project demonstrating the problem. It takes about 1 second with older version and 20 seconds with latest one.

XlsIoPerformanceTest.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team March 27, 2007 04:04 AM UTC

Hi Petr,

I was able to reproduce the problem. However, this issue has been fixed in our upcoming version. I tested the sample in our upcoming version and it took only 2 seconds. Here is the video clip for your reference:

Performance.zip

Our next release (v5) is scheduled to be released within this week, which has great improvement in performance (reduced memory and better speed).

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon