We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Sorted DataSource

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

58367 Mar 22,2007 07:04 PM UTC Mar 23,2007 05:01 PM UTC Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Frederic Loud
Asked On March 22, 2007 07:04 PM UTC

I'm currently using version 3.3 of the GridGroupingControl, I need to retrieve a 'Sorted' copy of my original datasource. All of the methods and properties that I've found return the original datasource without sorting. The version I need is the sorted data after being sorted by the user.

This was possible with the GridDataBoundGrid, is there any way to get this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 22, 2007 10:27 PM UTC

Hi Fred,

You can use the Table.Records property to get the collection of sorted record elements that are children of a Table. This collection contains all records, it is not filtered. The collection provides support for determining a record's position in the grouped table using the RecordsInTableCollectionBase.IndexOf method.

[c#]
foreach( Record rec in this.grid.Table.Records)
Console.Writeline( rec.Info );

Use Table.UnsortedRecords proeprty to get the collection of unsorted Record elements that are children of a Table and represent the original records in the same order as the underlying data source. The collection provides support for determining a record's underlying position in the datasource using the UnsortedRecordsCollection.IndexOf method.

[c#]
foreach( Record rec in this.grid.Table.UnsortedRecords)
Console.Writeline( rec.Info );

Best regards,
Haneef

Frederic Loud
Replied On March 23, 2007 05:01 PM UTC

Thanks for the info, thats what I was assuming I'd end up having to do. I developed a work around using the Records Collection.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;