We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multi-Select option in DropDown

Hi,

Can you tell me how to allow multiple selection of items in the ComboboxAdv control? And how does one determine which item(s) were selected?

If this is not possible in ComboxAdv which is your best control that allows this and how?

I am using ver 3.2.1.0

Thanks

8 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team March 22, 2007 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Anupama,

You can use the ComboDropdown control to allow multiple selection of items and you can retrieve the selected items in the SelectionChangeCommitted event.

Please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if this helps you.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

ComboDropDown

Best Regards,
Golda

AN Anupama March 28, 2007 06:13 AM UTC

Thanks for this. But this doesnt help me very much.

On analysing again, I actually need to use the ComboBoxAdv control because we have created a derived class from this and added some custom code for our purpose. Also I need to use the ValueMember and DisplayMember properties extensively which dont seem to exist in ComboDropDown control.

Can you pls share an example in which multi-selection has been achieved using ComboBoxAdv? Again the ver I use is 3.2.1.0

AN Anupama March 30, 2007 05:29 AM UTC

Can someone please help me with this. Its urgent.

Thanks in advance.

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team March 30, 2007 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Anupama,

ComboBoxAdv internally uses listbox for the drop down. We can use the ListBox property of the ComboBoxAdv to achieve multiple selection.

Please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if this meets your requirement.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

ComboBoxAdv

Best Regards,
Golda

AN Anupama April 4, 2007 10:38 AM UTC

This is exactly what I need.

Thanks a lot!

RR Rija Rabe September 30, 2016 01:20 PM UTC

Hello!
I'm also haviing trouble with multi selection :
  1. I want to obtain a list of the selected items ID (data stored in ValueMember) but it seems there's no way to do that natively (I had to manipulate CheckChanged event for that). Is there a way to do that more simply please?
  2. When the user deletes the selected item from the textbox (not the drop down) there is no event to capture that. Can you please tell me how to do that?
Regards!

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team October 3, 2016 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Anupama, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: I want to obtain a list of the selected items ID (data stored in ValueMember) but it seems there's no way to do that natively (I had to manipulate CheckChanged event for that). Is there a way to do that more simply please? 

In ComboBoxAdv, at present there is no default support to retrieve the ValueMember for the selected items. We have prepared workaround to retrieve the ValueMember for the selected items using below steps. 

Steps Followed    

1)      Created custom control inherited from ComboBoxAdv.    
2)      Implemented property named SelectedValues collection that holds Selected Value collection.     
3)      Updated SelectedValue collection, by handling events named SelectionChangeCommitted and ControlRemoved.   

Query 2 : When the user deletes the selected item from the textbox (not the drop down) there is no event to capture that. Can you please tell me how to do that? 

We request you to handle the TextChanged event of ComboBoxAdv to handle the deletion of Selected items from the TextBox 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team October 3, 2016 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Anupama, 

Kindly find the sample in below link. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon