We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Multi-Select option in DropDown

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

58326 Mar 22,2007 03:15 AM Oct 3,2016 09:01 AM Windows Forms 8
Tags: ComboBoxAdv
Anupama
Asked On March 22, 2007 03:15 AM

Hi,

Can you tell me how to allow multiple selection of items in the ComboboxAdv control? And how does one determine which item(s) were selected?

If this is not possible in ComboxAdv which is your best control that allows this and how?

I am using ver 3.2.1.0

Thanks

Golda Rebecal [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 22, 2007 09:06 AM

Hi Anupama,

You can use the ComboDropdown control to allow multiple selection of items and you can retrieve the selected items in the SelectionChangeCommitted event.

Please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if this helps you.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

ComboDropDown

Best Regards,
Golda

Anupama
Replied On March 28, 2007 02:13 AM

Thanks for this. But this doesnt help me very much.

On analysing again, I actually need to use the ComboBoxAdv control because we have created a derived class from this and added some custom code for our purpose. Also I need to use the ValueMember and DisplayMember properties extensively which dont seem to exist in ComboDropDown control.

Can you pls share an example in which multi-selection has been achieved using ComboBoxAdv? Again the ver I use is 3.2.1.0

Anupama
Replied On March 30, 2007 01:29 AM

Can someone please help me with this. Its urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Golda Rebecal [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 30, 2007 09:27 AM

Hi Anupama,

ComboBoxAdv internally uses listbox for the drop down. We can use the ListBox property of the ComboBoxAdv to achieve multiple selection.

Please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if this meets your requirement.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

ComboBoxAdv

Best Regards,
Golda

Anupama
Replied On April 4, 2007 06:38 AM

This is exactly what I need.

Thanks a lot!

Rija Rabe
Replied On September 30, 2016 09:20 AM

Hello!
I'm also haviing trouble with multi selection :
  1. I want to obtain a list of the selected items ID (data stored in ValueMember) but it seems there's no way to do that natively (I had to manipulate CheckChanged event for that). Is there a way to do that more simply please?
  2. When the user deletes the selected item from the textbox (not the drop down) there is no event to capture that. Can you please tell me how to do that?
Regards!

Keerthana Jegannathan [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 3, 2016 08:54 AM

Hi Anupama, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: I want to obtain a list of the selected items ID (data stored in ValueMember) but it seems there's no way to do that natively (I had to manipulate CheckChanged event for that). Is there a way to do that more simply please? 

In ComboBoxAdv, at present there is no default support to retrieve the ValueMember for the selected items. We have prepared workaround to retrieve the ValueMember for the selected items using below steps. 

Steps Followed    

1)      Created custom control inherited from ComboBoxAdv.    
2)      Implemented property named SelectedValues collection that holds Selected Value collection.     
3)      Updated SelectedValue collection, by handling events named SelectionChangeCommitted and ControlRemoved.   

Query 2 : When the user deletes the selected item from the textbox (not the drop down) there is no event to capture that. Can you please tell me how to do that? 

We request you to handle the TextChanged event of ComboBoxAdv to handle the deletion of Selected items from the TextBox 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

Keerthana Jegannathan [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 3, 2016 09:01 AM

Hi Anupama, 

Kindly find the sample in below link. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;