We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Column Selection

Hi,

I use the event "ChartRegionMouseDown" to know the column index, but I don't know how to highlight this column.

Best regards,

Martin

4 Replies

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team March 22, 2007 03:44 AM UTC

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

If your intention is to highlight a specific column when the mouse is over that column then it can be done by setting the AutoHighlight property as shown in the code snippet below,

this.chartControl1.AutoHighlight = true;

or if you want highlight the Column with the color of your wish then it can done as shown in the code snippet below,

this.chartControl1.AutoHighlight = true;
this.chartControl1.Series[0].Style.HighlightInterior = new BrushInfo(GradientStyle.ForwardDiagonal,Color.Blue,Color.White);

Also kindly take a look at the ChartAutoHighLightSample ( Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\Windows\Chart.Windows\Samples\User Interaction\ChartAutoHighLightSample ) which ships with our Essential Chart ProductPackage.

In this sample, the point(column) of series over which the mouse is placed gets highlighted.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

MB Martin Bonneville March 22, 2007 12:37 PM UTC

Hi,

I need to highlight a column on a MouseClick event and the column needs to stay highlighted until the next MouseClick.

Best regards,

Martin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2007 03:19 AM UTC

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the update.

I have created a sample with your requirement. In this sample, I am getting current style of the series point by using GetOfflineStyle() method. Please have a look at this sample and let me know if this helps you.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ChartHighlight_68b42643.zip

Regards,
Rajesh

MB Martin Bonneville March 26, 2007 12:53 PM UTC

Hi,

Problem solved ! :-)

Thanks you

Best regards,

Martin

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon