We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

error with focus on gridGrouping control

Hi,

I have a web page with a grid grouping control. When i run the page and click on the grid i get the message:

A Runtime Error has occured.
Error: 'id' is null or not an object

I have debugged into this and it occurs in the focus of the grid.

onfocusin="EG_OnFocusIn(event)"

function EG_OnFocusIn(evt)
{
evt = evt || event;
evt.srcElement.onfocus = null;
eg_focusineventtype = "focusin";
EG_OnFocusChange(evt);
}

function EG_OnFocusChange(evt)
{
var gridObj = GetEGridObj(GetEventSourceElement(evt));

function GetEGridObj(srcElement)
{
while(srcElement != null)
{
_indexOf = srcElement.id.indexOf("~");

It is the id here which is null.

How can i prevent this error occuring for your control?

Many Thanks,
Rachael

5 Replies

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 08:18 PM UTC

Hi Rachael,

We couldn't able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. We created one sample in which the GridGroupingControl is placed inside web page. And we populate the Grid data from the AccessDatasource. We afraid it doesnt reproduce any issue even if we click the GridGroup. To ensure this we have attached our sample. However could you please send us the sample which causes this issue. It will help us for further investigation.

FocusingGrid

In the mean while Please download our sample and do let us know if you are able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2007 09:05 AM UTC

Hello,

I have found how to reproduce my issue. I am filling my grid from a datatable which is the result of a query. Therefore when the page is initially rendered the datatable is empty as the user has not made any selections yet and I have not bound any data to the grid so the grid is empty. If in your example you leave the page init method blank and then you click on the table you will get the same error as me.

Thanks

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team March 24, 2007 01:06 AM UTC

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for your update. It helps us to reproduce the issue.

We can able to reproduce the issue as in attached image file. we noticed that whenever a GridGroup get rendered with no data throws javascript error. So could you please update us is this the one you are mentioning?

GridGroup.zip

We have attached image file to double check the issue.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

RS Rachael Smith March 26, 2007 08:54 AM UTC

Yes that is the error I am also seeing. In ie tools>internet options>advanced i have unchecked disable script debugging and therefore i was able to debug and fing the cause of the problem as the focus method. Please let me know when you find a way to resolve this problem.

Thanks

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team March 26, 2007 11:59 PM UTC

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for your update.

This seems to a bug. Could you please open an new incident in the direct trac with the Forum Id - Forum Subject as the subject line, so that we could update you with more information regarading this issue.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon